Chapter: 39

As early as a morning bird, as smooth as a clean wipe and as swift as the cold wind, time was sure flying fast.

It was a crisp Monday morning for the third season of the year, the Autumn of September.

Trees that were once green explode into beautiful hues of gold, red, and orange. The colors are especially breathtaking.

After the intense heat of the summer, it can be a relief when it finally starts to cool down. September is a great month weather-wise, as warm days start to give way to cool, crisp nights.

After months of blasting the air conditioning, the beginning of Autumn often ushers in cooler breezes that allows everyone to finally keep the windows open.

Trying her best to get better, Hanyang was then discharged after a week of spending time in the hospital.

It wasn't because the doctor was certain that she was getting better when she really is getting better, but needed to stay for a few more days. It was because Hanyang insisted, and that if she stays longer, she'd live being guilty for the hospital bills her parents are paying for that would go sky rocket.

As thick as her skull could get, it was still the patient's will.

Just a mere three weeks after she was free again, Hanyang felt the chilly Autumnal weather of Korea the first thing she went out of her house and bid goodbyes to her parents.

Last week, Jaehyun went back to the States since he assumed Hanyang was finally fine on her own and would probably not need his presence for the meantime— as he assumed, again.

He still missed their brother-and-sister-like bond but couldn't really spend those moments with her, always in the hospital for treatment.

"She doesn't need you anymore."

It was a damn stupid reason to believe in that saying, but he also had stuffs and work to carry on outside the country.

°

After stepping off the long, blue, six-wheeled transport, Hanyang inhaled the cold breeze hitting her face and hid her hands inside the pockets of her coat.

"You are so beautiful, Autumn. You're making everything so much more aesthetically pleasing."

She entered the school gate when someone went to follow her pace.

"Autumn is bound to be beautiful."

Just by guessing the owner of the voice, Hanyang did not need to turn her head to the person anymore.

"Good morning, Sun."

"G-Good morning, Hanyang."

Sunwoo bit his lip and secretly smiled at the thought of the unexpected nickname Hanyang just used to call him.

"Hanyang," he called, and the lady responded with a soft hum, happily entering their building, still not looking at him. "Let's go out and eat after school."

"Sure." she answered bluntly.

They took a few steps with Sunwoo a step behind her before reaching Hanyang's room first. They stopped in front of Hanyang's classroom door and the latter turned to Sunwoo. 

"Aren't you cold? You're only wearing a jacket." she asked without much expression.

Her cheeks were tinted pink ever since Sunwoo arrived, but it has turned red now that she can finally look at him properly.