Chapter: 41

As the days unfolded, Hanyang's insomnia started worsening. She rose every couple of hours through the night — night after night — to stare at the open window.

Every night has been exceptionally vague for Autumn. The light-spreading air from the half-opened window, touched Hanyang's bare skin, in occurrence to her arousing from her 15-minute sleep.

When she came to open her eyes, she frowned and stared at the ceiling.

An unpleasant chills surrounded her frail body, together with night sweats and shortness of breath.

Turning her body to the side facing the window, Hanyang gazed absently at the white curtain hanging on her window, wildly resisting the cold, howling and yelling wind.

Three days. It's been three days since I barely managed to get at least 5 hours of sleep.

My mind has been in full chaos lately.

By the time she got out from the hospital, she left her windows half-open frequently to stare at the moon reflecting through her brown orbs.

Although being heedless of potential problems or risks, Hanyang is also terrified about the worst case scenario that could happen to her if she leaves her window just like that.

Hanyang didn't typically like blazing winds, but only cool weather.

So the teenager dragged her trembling legs to close the window after getting so many chills.

The heater would like to offer itself to the shivering lady, but sadly it couldn't as the family slowly collapsed into financial crisis since the start of Hanyang's treatment, resulting in their house bills left unpaid.

The thick covers were embraced by the frail-bodied girl as she let out a deep sigh after.

"Few more hours... just hold on... for a few more hours, Hanyang..." she muttered and continued staring at the window until she fell unconscious to sleep.

°

Despite feeling unwell, Hanyang still came to school and immediately received a punishment from the school guard the moment she reached the gate.

She covered her face with a mask, in order to conceal her light makeup underneath in case she needed to take it off.

For straight three sunrises and sunsets of having less than 5 hours of sleep, Hanyang would look obviously horrifying with her dark bags.

The lady received a text message from Sunwoo earlier saying he was supposed to be waiting for her at the school gate but got dragged by Hyunjoon instead.

"Maybe having Hyunjoon was a good thing after all. If he wasn't there, I might think Sunwoo would wait for me the whole time." she said, as she smiled. "I seriously need to wait for the next period."

It was one of the most important school policies that a student cannot get inside a class when he is already fifteen minutes late and has to wait for the next period. In Hanyang's case, it was half an hour.

Ever since Hanyang got diagnosed by anemia again, she had always felt tired and weak. Always nearly dead with fatigue, even without doing anything.

And when she wandered around school for a few minutes, Hanyang's tiny feet had brought her to the school infirmary which was in the custody of Sunwoo's aunt.

Might as well take a nap until that damn bell rings.

°