Chapter: 10

"Soccer? Since when?"

"Duhh, stop asking and look for a seat— NOOOO, ARRGHHH...." Hanyang groaned as she saw Sunwoo's opponent scored. "The seats near the shade is already fully occupied, we have no choice but..." she pointed to a largely vacant seat directly facing the sun.

"It's too hot, Han. Why do you suddenly want to watch soccer anyways? Are you rooting for Sunwoo? We're not even close with the guy— I mean, we talk, but how about you two?" Haknyeon asked, he still doesn't get why his best friend is acting like this.

"Haknyeonnn... Let's just watch, okay?" Hanyang snarled.

They ended up sitting at the very hot bench. Haknyeon wouldn't mind getting tan but the fact that they could get sunburn and worst, skin cancer, terrifies him.

He excuses himself to buy an umbrella, at least the cheapest ones just to shelter them from the direct sunlight. Hanyang was left alone, her JACOB BAE banner on top her head as a cover from the sunlight.

Hanyang noticed Sunwoo was scolded a lot. He seemed to be lost and not paying attention and keeps frowning everytime they go back to the game after a short break. Sunwoo looked visibly frustrated, his jaws are ticking off and Hanyang doesn't know why he's like that.

He always looks cold but not angry. Something must've bothered him to make him feel unfocused.

While Haknyeon's out, Hanyang decided to cheer for the chestnut-haired boy.

She don't know whether it'll be a help or a worst distraction but she wanna try.

With courage, she snapped her head up and looked at Sunwoo who was raking his hair in frustration as their opponent scored again.

"HWAITING KIM—"

"KIM SUNWOO, WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?! I TOLD YOU TO FOCUS!!!!!"

Hanyang rustily turned her head towards the owner of the voice, sitting from the lower benches below where she was. It was Sunwoo's coach who dared to interrupt her as it had taken her a lot of courage to cheer the boy up.

She clicked her tongue and sighed again, clearing her throat to cover the embarrassment to the people who just witnessed.

Again, she wanna try.

"YAHH! KIM SUNWOO!!" she yelled and noticed Sunwoo was looking around for the owner of the voice, his eyes wrinkled, while shading his eyes with his hand from the direct sunlight.

It's like a sun covering from the sun.

Sunwoo noticed someone covered in a banner and was waving buoyantly. He was about to ignore her because he thought it was just one of his fans but then he suddenly recognized the person.

"STOP FROWNING, WILL 'YA?!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!" Hanyang showed him her fists, indicating that she's cheering him up.

"YOU! CAN! DO! THIS!"

In a matter of seconds, Sunwoo's frown turned upside down.

Despite being surprised and confused about the situation right now, all Sunwoo could think of was to snap out of himself and do a good job like he always does.

Sunwoo pushed the thought of what Gyul blabbed out earlier to the back of his head and immediately put on his signature look and continued with the game. This time, he was more active and serious.

Pass me the ball...

Pass me the ball...

Pass me the ball...