Chapter: 4

"Eric, where are you? I've been here for like, half an hour. It's getting late." Sunwoo said on the phone as he impatiently stomps on his feet with his soccer ball on his hips.

He always heads straight to Eric's building after classes to wait for him in his baseball practice since his practice would end earlier than the younger's and the two would go home together. But he can't find Eric anywhere.

"Hyung, I left earlier after practice to meet up with someone. I was in a rush so I forgot to tell you. Sorry, hyung. Bye—"

"Eric!"

This lil bitch.

"Youngjae?!"

Sunwoo huffed in exasperation and looked around. He decided to just go home, and in order to get out of the building, he must pass the music room in a dash.

Rumors had it that the piano plays on its own. Sunwoo wouldn't be scared if only Eric was here, but since it's already late, most of the students have left the building already so the halls were eerily quiet.

"Youngjae, I swear..." He walked down the hallway briskly and when he was just in front of the said room, he slowed down to peek slightly at the window. Phew!

"There's nothing to be scared of. Why would the piano play on it's own anyway? Tsk. Stupid rumors."

"What are you doing—"

"HOLY SHIT—!!!"

...

Awkward.

They were awkward.

Only the sound of the ball bouncing up and down the quiet hallway could be heard.

He retreated his arm, slowly.

Sunwoo was close to punching the person who scared the hell out of him. Good thing he didn't, he might end up in the detention room tomorrow.

"You almost gave me a heart attack, who are you anyways?" Sunwoo asked as he clutched on his chest and picked the ball that he dropped.

"Lee Gyul, from class 1. I left it my violin." She motioned to the room. "What are you doing here anyways? This building is for music classes  and the baseball and basketball team since their old building caught fire last year. You kinda look like a soccer player, but peeking in a music room. What exactly are you here for?"

"Hey, lil pony," Sunwoo peeked at the music room again. "Have you heard of the rumors that the piano in the music room plays on its own?"

Gyul bursted out laughing at how Sunwoo looked so amusing and cautious about the said room.

"Didn't know you actually believed such rumours." She laughed again and Sunwoo looked at her in disbelief. "I was the one who played it after classes, redhead." Gyul noticed that the boy kept staring at her, so she asked him the real question. "Are you looking for that blonde friend of yours?", she asked nicely since she thought Sunwoo was familiar, one who always passes by the music room with a blonde guy but she hasn't really seen their faces, only their bright hairs.

"Yes. Do you have any idea where he went?"

"Tss.. Your dude went on a date with my friend, Arim." Gyul laughed. "Looks like they ditched us."

"That lil punk! He basically replaced me with a stranger. Absolutely disappointing!"

"Arim's not a stranger! They've known each other for a while now. Five months? If I'm not mistaken." Gyul counted with her fingers.