Chapter: 32

"Next week."

That next week Hanyang told me.

I counted its days.

And it's been 7 days already since that talk with her. Still, I waited.

She didn't call Haknyeon-hyung again.

That phone call was already the first and last call of that week. And I wonder why.

The others are growing suspicious around me. Because I was always either on smiles or staring openly at one spot, as if I was in my own world after that talk alone with Hanyang. I know they find me weird and creepy, but I didn't really care.

They'd tease me about it, but I would remain stoic. I acted like it wasn't flattering my heart and giving me butterflies in my stomach. When in reality, I have already been jumping out of the coast and into sea in my mind because of excitement.

I can now say that I really like Hanyang all this time. My feelings just got me to question myself for so long, because this was my first life. I was new and always cautious about everything around me. And this was the first time ever I got attracted and attached to someone in the opposite sex.

That's why all of Eric's effort in introducing me to different girls, have all gone to waste. Because I still wasn't ready that time.

But Hanyang made me feel weird things.

As far as I remember, all she did was yell and swear at me, or roll her eyes at me and even beat me up. But with her doing all those things, I found myself wanting to dig deeper into her life even more. I wanted to know what made her always act so darn annoying in front of people. I wanted to see another side of her.

But Hanyang is also a people person. She gets along with everyone, it's just that, she only sticks with the people she likes.

She wasn't such a bad person after all.

Just a little too shallow, rude, arrogant, a little too bitchy, a teensy bit snobbish and a little too clingy with her best friend for my own taste. In contrast to that unpleasant personality of hers, she also had a big, soft heart.

Mostly, Hanyang considers thinking about other people first than dwell on herself. Hanyang liked seeing when the people she loves are smiling; are happy. Anything else, that she'd always be ready and willing to do and give anything just to see that pleased and happy facial expression of someone.

It's not so obvious, but Haknyeon-hyung once told us that both of them have really went through a lot of different things just to donate to charities and visit orphanages once in a while.

It was such a beautiful trait she had right there.

Any simple thing she does and strange traits she has always had me captivated.

She isn't so pretty, just the average. But I find her really attractive with her two-sided personalities.

I started to fall in love with her.

Even once, I never told the others what Hanyang and I talked about, because I kept a promise. I also wanted to see her do the things she loves to do with her best friend, long before we even meet at the beach.

I found out, that the others' happiness, is also her happiness.

And I just wanted her to smile.