Chapter: 12

TING-TING-TING-TING!

Haknyeon tossled on his bed, squinting his eyes to see what loud and very noisy object was used to wake him up this very early morning.

"Hey younger bro, wake up!"

Haknyeon rubbed his eyes as he stares at his older sister who was all fresh and dressed comfortably for an early morning walk. She placed the pot and the chopstick she used as an alarm call for Haknyeon at the table side and went nearer towards her brother.

"Let's go for a walk. Shall we?" she sat next to Haknyeon on the bed and Haknyeon immediately sat straight.

"Suddenly?" Haknyeon asked in confusion. "You weren't into exercises before, what made you change your lazy attitude so suddenly? And waking me up this—" he stretched to the table near his bed to reach his phone and look at the time. "— sharp 5:00 AM."

"It's been a while since we both had alone time together. Your birthday's coming. And, it's my day off." she suddenly sighed heavily as she bit her lower lip and looked at her brother, feeling sorry and a little unhappy. "Sister broke down last night and still in deep sleep right now after her boyfriend broke up with her yesterday. Let's just give her time to collect herself. And we'll go out, the three of us, next time." she explained and flashed a sweet smile at Haknyeon.

"Her boyfriend's such a jerk. I never liked him ever since the first time I met him. He held such asshole-like attitude, and it was already a bad first impression for me." Haknyeon said, angrily staring at the TV in front of him, as if it was at fault.

"It's 5 and sunrise, why are you getting so mad? They broke up already, okay? No need to frown anymore. Now, get up." his sister groaned as she pulls her pretty heavy brother, Haknyeon, out of bed. "Clean yourself first, baby bro!" she ruffles the younger's hair and chuckled.

Haknyeon eyed his sister for ruining his hair even more, and headed to the bathroom to clean himself up and get ready.

°

"Feed me first, noona. The convenience store will do." Haknyeon pouted as he rubs his hungry tummy. His other arm laced with her sister's as they walked with the cold early breeze hitting their faces and bodies.

"Sure, I wouldn't like to be scolded by mom and dad for starving you. But I'm also kind of tired anyways."

"W-What? We've just like— gone out a few steps from our house, noona. Are you serious?!" Haknyeon exclaimed, earning for his sister to laugh. After seconds of being in disbelief, he laughed as well.

"I can't believe you get fooled easily." his sister shook her head, still laughing. She leans her head to his brother's shoulder and inhaled the very fresh morning air.

After minutes of walking, they finally arrived at the nearest convenience store to feed their tummies, especially Haknyeon's.

"What would you like, brother?" his sister asked, letting Haknyeon to wait outside while she buys their preferred food.

"Anything would do, as long as it's not poison." Haknyeon calmly said as he shifts on the chair comfortably.

"Then, wouldn't you mind if I give you soap for breakfast?" his sister sarcastically asked, trying to get onto the joke. Haknyeon could only sigh. "Fine. Soap for you then." she laughed as she enters the store before Haknyeon could even interfere.

"Wahhh... It's so cold." Haknyeon shivers as they continue their journey to nowhere. His phone suddenly dinged and both of him and his sister did an abrupt stop.

"Go check it out."

Haknyeon removed his arm away from his sister's and shoved his hand to his pocket to get his phone.