Chapter: 22

"Spit." Hanyang ordered Sunwoo as she bit small pieces of the freeze-pop Sunwoo bought on his way here.

Sunwoo dramatically placed his hand on his chest and stared at Hanyang incredulously. "I-I'm not some kind of dog or something." 

"You look like one though— I mean, what do you want to say?" Hanyang cleared her throat, trying her best not to titter.

"Change your mind. There's a lot of photography classes here."

"You shouldn't lose opportunities, Sunwoo. Opportunity, opportunity. And I'm getting sleepy already, thank you for this." she referred to the finished frozen food. "Is that all you want to talk about, or do you have any problems that you wanna share? I'm on ears tonight."

Sunwoo bit his lip in hesitance. There is clearly one thing that keeps bothering him. One that he wanted to share or maybe not, but maybe yes because he wants to ask for advice too.

"Not a problem, but a puzzle." he said while staring deeply at the abyss. "You know, I've been receiving letters these past few weeks. Two to three every week to be exact. And.. I have never seen the anonymous person."

Sunwoo kept frowning as he talks. Such puzzle had him suspended for long. The way the sender still keeps giving him these letters, the closer Sunwoo gets to find out about the person.

"Perhaps, did you.... read the letter?"

"No, I didn't. Yet."

"And may I know why?"

"I wanna read it all together. I have to wait until she'll stop."

Hanyang yawned and gripped at a one rope with both hands and head leaning loosely. "What if she doesn't stop?"

Sleep...

"School will be over next week, she'll stop placing it on my locker. And I-I, I threw one of it because Eric saw. I think it's the 14th."

He looked down, kinda feeling sorry.

"What should I do about it?" he sighed and looked up again while staring at the stars. "I've received letters before but this one feels different. What to do?"

Sunwoo continued his talk but then he noticed how eerily quiet it was without any responses received.

Turns out that Hanyang had completely passed out on a swing.

"Oi, Hanyang."

.

.

.

"N-Nam Hanyang,"

Sunwoo blinked and wandered his eyes around the streets. No shadow spotted since it was late already and now Hanyang just dozed on a wooden seat accompanied by ropes.

"Why on earth would you sleep in the middle of my speech? The disrespect you have right there, aye? Tsk."

Sunwoo stood up and released Hanyang's grips on the rope by himself.

"What time is it?" Hanyang asked wearily while squinting her eyes.

"Time for me to take you home."

Hanyang rubbed her half-asleep eyes and sighed before she stood up, about to take a step to walk. "I wanna fly home." she mumbled suddenly.

"Hop on."

Sunwoo squated and offered a piggyback ride. All Hanyang could think of was Sunwoo being her genie, capable of granting her small wish when she didn't even summon him.