Chapter: 8

This week marked the date for the annual tournament year 2019-2020.

°

"I'm so nervous, Youngjae." Sunwoo said as he met the blonde in a cafe in front of the school. He was slightly shivering as he bounced up and down to calm himself down.

"What? Where's the tough Sunwoo I know? Come on! You weren't like this before, is something bothering you?" Eric slings his arm around the tan's shoulder.

"I don't know..." He breathed deeply.

"You can do this, idiot."

"The fuck you mean 'idiot'? I'm older than you, brat!"

°

The school had various sports to take place within every other day until the whole week would finish.

For example, billiards, pingpong, and archery would begin at the same day.

And it happened to be that Eric and Sunwoo's game will start at the same day and at the same time. Basketball also, starting an hour before the two sports.

"Gyul! Arim!" Hanyang hugged the two girls as they met on the halls.

"Where's Haknyeon?"

"He said he's on his way."

"Oh there he is!" Arim snickered. "Ju Haknyeon!" She immediately ran to the boy who was all clueless and embraced him in a very tight hug, Haknyeon choking a little. "I missed your squishy face!" Arim pinched the boy's cheeks, leaving red marks on it.

"W-What's the sudden affection..? We've just seen each other yesterday.", asks the flustered Haknyeon.

"You remind me of that day, Arim." Hanyang said, suddenly remembering at the memory why the three of them got into the detention room. "Now, let go of him." s
She pulled Arim away from Haknyeon and linked her arm with the boy's. "He's mine."

"Uh-uh... Correction, he's just your best friend." Gyul said in the sassiest way.

"He's still mine though."

"Yeah, but best friend, only."

"Still mine."

"But friends only." Arim added and Hanyang sulked. "Wanna meet Youngjae at the field? Their game starts in an hour and half. As well as Sunwoo's."

"Wait, what about basketball?" Haknyeon asked, dragging Hanyang to also listen eagerly to what Arim's gonna say.

"Well, Eric said probably an hour before their games."

"AN HOUR?!" Both H's said in unison as they looked at each other with wide eyes. "THAT'S GOTTA BE TEN MINUTES NOW BEFORE IT STARTS!" They raced towards the gym where basketball will be held, not even glancing back at their friends.

"WHAT YOU MEAN TEN MINUTES— HEY! YOU STILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME! AREN'T YOU EVEN GONNA SAY 'GOOD LUCK' TO ERIC AND SUNWOO?!" Gyul yelled after, and received no response as the two were now out of their sight in a flash. "Wow, I can't believe them. What's there to hurry about? I'm disappointed." Gyul scoffed and shook her head.

"Let them be, they're just on the bridge of having fun while falling in love..." Arim mumbled and Gyul noticed how she had a dreamy face while staring at the direction where they last saw the two as if her eyes were full of love and support. Gyul hit her head slightly, and Arim flinched in action as she glared back at Gyul. "What was that for?!"