Chapter: 29

The next day, on a short break, as usual, Haknyeon, Gyul, and Arim went to kill time on the fountain place in their school.

It was also some kind of a meeting from the news Haknyeon shared to them about Hanyang last night. It somehow helped lift the burden the boy has been carrying after he had also heard from Hanyang's parents.

He rarely eats and he had a hard time sleeping. He overthinks a lot. Like what he always does, it was hard for him to just worry about his best friend before himself.

Referring to Hanyang's thick skull, Haknyeon also became her second parent every time she does and says the dardenest things. Sometimes, her being stubbornly could lead to so much spoiledness that everything her eyes could perceive would be purchased right away and be given to Haknyeon. Not that she was that rich but, a little bit kind of an extravagant person.

With Haknyeon who was Hanyang's best friend since the 1st year, he's obviously aware of how Hanyang is a rabid bargain hunter who has been known to drag home all sort of things they neither want nor need, simply because they were priced too attractively to pass up.

But when it comes to Haknyeon taking the initiative to become the head in between them, he could easily give up and just let the girl do her own things since he doesn't know and he sucked at yelling at her. In fact, he did, once; on that beach incident. But he can't even scold and discipline his younger sister right, how much more if it's his dear friend?

When the three of them have finally come together to an open place, Arim took the chance and started the conversation first.

"But, Ju... How much do you really know your best friend?" asks Arim who shifted on the circular fountain concrete beside Gyul.

Haknyeon who was in front of the girls, stared at a one spot from afar and smiled. "I know all the things she does and everything she'd tell me." he answered.

"That's all? That's all you know about her? She could lie too, you know? I honestly think, she does it a lot. Not all the things she's telling you is in pure honesty. Wake up, Ju Haknyeon."

"She does tell lies." Haknyeon responded and hugged his knees as he rest his chin on top of it.

"What Arim said is true. She could lie too, Ju Haknyeon. What if she had been rushed to the hospital constantly but we were only informed just now? Because she doesn't want us to worry? Of course, she wouldn't want us to worry!" Gyul exclaimed and ruffled her hair in frustration. "It felt so bad to hear and even think about this, but I have a bad feeling. A strange feeling. I feel like something's gonna happen." Gyul bit her lip and fidgetted on her lap.

"Lee Gyul, you are not helping huhu..." Haknyeon let his forehead meet his knees as he hugs his legs closer. He let out a deep sigh and the girls felt how nervous and scared the boy was all this time, despite the smile that he always wear. "We should always think positively, not think nonsense things." he mumbled while looking down.

"I was just trying to share my burden, Haknyeon." explained Gyul. "My glass vase broke last night... And you know the beliefs..." she mumbled the last sentence to her own. She immediately cleared her throat and turned to Haknyeon again. "How often does she call you?"

"Twice or thrice every weekdays... And, she's always out of contact on weekend nights. The time zones are not helping much too, it's confusing."

From afar, the girls found Eric, Sunwoo, and Hyunjoon charging towards their spot. It was as if, from a long search, they had finally found the others on the fountain.