Chapter: 27

Sunwoo has been stuck on his room for the past week, and not enjoying the long break before the start of school again.

He wasn't busy. He wasn't sick either.

Just a little bit tired.

The next morning, Mrs. Kim entered Sunwoo's room for she had never heard of any response from all the knocking she did on the door.

The first thing she saw was her son completely stuffed with the thick covers while cuddling the racc pillow they gave him, only his head to his neck were showing. His mouth slightly hung open as he makes little snoring sounds.

Mrs. Kim wondered what made him drift off in a very deep sleep, but immediately thought of the possible reason.

She played with her son's hair before she kissed his forehead and stared at his frowning sleep-face.

Actually, Sunwoo's father went home drunk again last Monday, that day when Sunwoo got the house alone.

As usual, Sunwoo blamed their walls for not being soundproof: one that he really wished to have since he doesn't like the sound of his parents arguing, or even hurt each other. And when this always happens, he would usually lock himself up on his room and cry to sleep.

As luck you called it, they were a mutt of irrational, cranky ancestry— and Sunwoo's not an exception.

Sunwoo just prefers keeping his mouth shut, being afraid of the fact that he might babble out something unexpected on a quarrel which happened lately with his friends.

Sunwoo was just a young man who yearned for an actual, happy life with his family and friends... But with even that small wish, it was pretty hard to accomplish the first one, but still he wants to experience being at home in his parents arms again.

Mrs. Kim roamed her eyes around Sunwoo's room: It was better than before. Her eyes only landed on the stack of small papers on Sunwoo's side table.

Without any hesitation, she picked it up, thinking it was some of her son's to-do notes and read it.

"What... On... Earth..?" she said the moment she found a message with lots of profanities towards his son on the paper. "Is this a threat—" she stomped before she sets aside the paper and wake her son up.

"Sunwoo," his mom shook him slightly in the arm, and the boy didn't waver. She did it again, and finally, Sunwoo woke up. "Son, what were you doing these days?" she asked in full concern and made Sunwoo suddenly worry at the question.

"Mom... Are you okay? What do you mean?" he squints his eyes as he glances at the clock.

9:00 AM.

"Were you receiving death threats lately?"

"Death?! H-How?! When?!" he jerked awake and sat straight on the bed.

"This!"

Sunwoo followed his mom's arms with his gaze when it reached right to the letters Hanyang gave him.

And at that moment, Sunwoo knew,

HE.FUCKED.UP.

SHIT! SHIT! SHIT!

In a matter of seconds, he instantly snatched it away from his mother, hoping she didn't read any of those other than the first one which obviously looked like a threatening letter. It'll be easier for him to explain, but if it was the remaining letters, Sunwoo would probably be in complete danger right now.