Chapter: 34

That face, that person that we all missed, came back again, unexpectedly.

I spent time with her alone, we did a lot of things: mostly eating.

As I noticed, she had gone skinnier than before, I literally brought her to different fast-food restaurants. I asked her if she had starved herself in the States, and she said she did. She could only go to Koreatown every once a week or something because it's miles away.

Hanyang would morsel every food than I expected. When in school, she eats like just ten small shoves of rice in her chopsticks. She really was taking her time. If only Haknyeon was here, I'd guess he'd be proud of her.

I brought her to a pizza house, ate chicken with her since she didn't get to eat one because I was so into dragging her before Eric could see us; went to an arcade for a while and beat her at kid's bowling, shooting games and basketball.

Hanyang literally shut me down when I asked her why she was so bad at basketball, and she answered. "I clearly stated that I liked it, not good at it. The fuck, Kim Sunwoo."

After she said that, my mind went swirling. We fought a lot every time we switched to different games, but it was worth spending time with her.

And now, we are at the small known beach in their neighbourhood: a place where we unwholesomely cross paths.

And to make what I was feeling the whole day short, it was somewhat not what I thought of a normal boy and girl friendship kind of thing— like Haknyeon and Hanyang before, but a kind of a date instead...? I know it's even a bit embarrassing to say this but since we both had mutual interests/feelings for each other— well that's if she still likes me though... I mean, if she really did then, it's kind of a date for me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The two placed themselves on the sand after a long day of touring every restaurant they could discover in the city. Sunwoo threw his bag on the side and breathed the cold breeze coming from the sea.

They waited for the sunset while eating another frozen food that Hanyang likes. Ice cream; one that she had wanted to eat as she had mentioned in the letter, and Sunwoo goes on automatically buying it for her and the latter accepted his treat with a much pleasured smile.

"You must be broke right now." Hanyang chuckled and Sunwoo shook his head immediately. "I'll pay for you next time." she smiled.

Next time? So there will be a next time after this?

Sunwoo clutched on his chest and felt his beating heart going wild again. He smiled and secretly glanced at Hanyang who was beside him, looking at the beach.

Thank you, Han...

On the other side, Hanyang hadn't really told Sunwoo every whole experience of her in the States: what she does, what she eats, how her phone was stolen in the first place, how's photography classes, how she endured being away from family or friends— those kinds of things. Hanyang could only change the topic instantly whenever she could sense Sunwoo asking her.

The boy also didn't like making her uncomfortable too, so he just went to listen to every single thing that only comes out of Hanyang's mouth. If time will come, and she would finally want to tell him, then Sunwoo can wait.

But he can't help but feel restless all the time, he also has things he wanted to ask and confirm too.

Those letters Hanyang made for him.