Chapter: 9

"WOOOHHHHHH!!! JACOB BAEEEE!!"

Hanyang and Haknyeon fangirl at their senior and their favorite basketball player, Jacob Bae.

The whole court chanting his name as everybody nervously watched him preparing for his 3-point shot.

"Bae... You can do it Bae... Please... Please..." Haknyeon clasped his palms and closed his eyes while he prays, Hanyang squeezing herself on his side, nervous just like him.

"JACOB BAEEEEEEEEEEEE...................."

It was when everything just went slow motion; everyone has their mouth agape while gripping tightly onto their DIY JACOB BAE banners as they watch him inhaling and exhaling...

before he shoots the ball onto the ring and...

observe the ball swirling onto the hoop before it....

SHOOT!

"YES!!!!"

Everyone celebrated as the announcer announced his score, 3 points.

"WE WON AGAINNNNNN!!!" Haknyeon and Hanyang squealed while clasping their hands together like fangirls. They jumped around when confettis started falling off from above.

While the two waited for Jacob's teammates from congratulating him and ask the player to take a picture of them, again, they jumped around their benches and played with the confettis that would fall off right in front of them.

Some would find them cute and some would find them very loud and annoying.

"I'm on for soccer next."

"It already started an hour ago though, but I think we could still catch up. Let's go."

Hanyang turned around behind her to the two girls talking and climbing down their benches to go out of the court. She stopped jumping and fiddled with her fingernails while staring straight at the abyss, thinking.

Sunwoo's game...

Were not close but... We talk, like "Where's who and who?"

While they lined up and waited for their turn, Haknyeon noticed his best friend staring openly at the ceiling this time.

"Hey, quit that. You look terrifying. What's wrong?" he asked as he elbows her slightly on the side.

Aside from Eric, Sunwoo got nobody else in school except for his supporters. The boy may be annoying sometimes but Hanyang felt kinda sympathetic towards the boy.

Hanyang remembered the first time they met at school, when Sunwoo told her about his sport and the look Sunwoo gave her after she told him she prefers basketball over it.

Also, that time when they ate lunch. When Hanyang was the only one left to answer even though Sunwoo already knew her favorite.

That moment she took a glance at him, Hanyang knew his eyes were not in fury.

It was kind of earnestly asking her to change her mind, at least. As if, Sunwoo was silently begging her to at least, change her mind and root for his game. But Hanyang followed what her guts had told her, leaving Sunwoo very upset.

"Hak, real quick. Strike a pose, I'll just take your picture from a far." Hanyang snapped out of herself and suddenly pulled Haknyeon away from the queue and pushed him slightly near Jacob Bae who's currently taking other pictures of some fans.

"What's wrong with you, Han?" Haknyeon asked in confusion at his best friend's weird actions.

"Just do what I say. It'll be easier and quick this way." Hanyang said as she bends up and down to find the right and perfect angle.

"Hanyang, this is embarrassing..." Haknyeon gritted on his teeth while striking a V pose awkwardly.

Others are looking at them but the only thing that's on Hanyang's mind right now is to hurry.

"Done, Let's go."

When she was about to drag Haknyeon, Haknyeon resisted.

"What's with you today? We still have a lot of time. Give me your camera, I'll take your picture this time-"

"Hey, you two look familiar to me." someone spoke and the two immediately turned around as they already know the owner of the voice. Jacob Bae. "You've been watching my game every year, even my practice hahaha." both H stood and remained speechless. "Come here, let's take a picture together. Again. Hahaha." Jacob pulled the two on his sides as he rested both his arms on their shoulders.

Captured.

"What's your name again? Hanyang and Haknyeon, am I right? All I remember was you're both H's." he chuckled.

Hanyang elbows her best friend to talk since both of them still couldn't believe that Jacob Bae recognized them for being his biggest fans and that she almost forgot about Sunwoo's game.

"Y-Yes, I'm so glad you remembered us, Mr. Bae." Haknyeon stuttered and fiddled with his little fingers. He's screaming internally right now. Jacob Bae just talked to him.

I repeat, JACOB BAE.

"You two are so cute hahaha. Just call me Jacob, I sound like an old man with Mr. Bae." he laughed, his eyes wrinkling when he does it.

"W-We have to go now, J-Jacob." Hanyang clenched her fist at the awkwardness. "Thanks for recognizing us. You're the best!" Hanyang showed him a thumbs up and immediately dragged Haknyeon, the boy awkwardly waved a short goodbye to his idol.

"Where are we going? You seem to be in a hurry. We could still have a little more talk with Jacob Bae."

"We're almost there."