Corset

Clementine

I stood up and stretched. There was indeed a set of clothes spread out on the bed. I carefully lifted the dress off the bed, examining it. It was a deep shade of red and had white lace lining the hem and the bust. I didn't recognize it from the costume racks which was strange. I had assumed that was where he would have gotten it from.

It was either he had gotten me this dress especially for me, or he already had it in his possession. I doubted that the Phantom of the Opera would wear dresses so I didn't think it was already in his possession, but I wouldn't question it. I slipped out of the clothes he leant he and pulled the chemise over my head. I next grabbed the corset he had left. He indeed got me everything I would need.

I wrapped the corset around me, trying to lace it the best I could, but It wouldn't cooperate. I usually had help from Christine or Meg or any of the other dancers but obviously I didn't have that kind of help now. Of course I had laced up a corset on my own before, but this was a new corset and a completely different style from the one I was used to.

I laced it up just fine but then got to the part where I had trouble. I needed to tighten it and tie it behind me. I tried multiple times and failed each time. I even twisted it so the ties were in front of me, but then I couldn't twist it back behind me. I was not getting anywhere with this corset, but I was also not about to ask for help from Erik.

Ad if he had read my mind a knock came at the door.

"Clementine? Are you ready yet?"

"Not... quite." I said, trying my hardest to get the laces to stay, but in the end, they all unraveled. Great. I tried again, leaning against the nightstand to steady myself, but ended up falling, creating a loud crash as books and other little trinkets came crashing down.

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask through the door.

"I'm just fine- I'm just... having some minor difficulties." I tried to play it cool in hopes he would just leave.

"It sounded like you fell. Are you sure you're alright? Do you need help? "

"Very observant, Monsieur Erik." I got back up on my feet, trying to put everything back where I assumed it all went. I must have been trying to do it all too quickly because I turned to pick up another book and proceeded to knock everything back down onto the floor once more. It created another crash and of course Erik was concerned.

"That's it, I'm coming in, Mademoiselle." The door knob jiggled and I turned to see him slowly open the door.

Oh what I would give to know what went through his head.

I was standing in only my undergarments and a chemise with a corset that wasn't tied up correctly at all. My hair was all disheveled and I had a armful of his books and trinkets from his nightstand.

He said nothing and just stood there staring.

"I- I had some trouble with the corset..." I said, smiling to release some tension. I thought I saw a hint of red on his pale face.

"I do hope you are not trying to steal those." He motioned to the armful of things I held. I immediately dropped them and put my hands behind my back.

"No! Of course not! I was just trying to tie my corset and had some... Unexpected inconveniences. I- I'm sorry." I twiddled with my fingers and bit the inside my cheek, afraid that he would be angry.

"Would you like some help then?" He averted his eyes from me and I appreciated his actions greatly. None of this was proper. Not anything about this. I was not supposed to be spending the night at a man's house let alone let him see me in my undergarments!