Daminette- Soulmate AU Pt. 7

Marinette stares at the box sitting on her desk, the little drawer in it open. It's so shiny, and the jewel- This is ridiculous. She shouldn't be scared to touch it.

The bluenette's hand carefully moves to the silver chain, at least it looks like silver. She lifts the chain, watching the pendant shift and rise with it.

The metal shines as it wraps around the sapphire with such grace a beauty, the metal almost looked fluid in the way it's wrapped around the precious stone. Marinette's other hand moves the steady the pendant, studying it more closely.

The moment she saw the necklace she berated Damian over text but he won't respond until he's out of class. It can't hurt to try it on...

The small clasp opens and Marinette wraps it around her neck before securing the necklace. Cold metal rests on her skin, making her unconsciously shiver, she moves to look at herself in the mirror on her vanity.

It looks out of place to her, too nice and delicate for a clutz like her. She'll send it back, he never should have sent something so nice.

"It looks beautiful on you, Marinette!" The bluenette gives her friend a grateful smile at what Tikki says, always there to tell Marinette what she needs to hear.

"Thanks, but doesn't it seem like too much? He went a little overboard."

"No! It looks beautiful, Marinette."

"But-"

"No 'but's! It's a gift. How would you feel if he sent back your gift." Marinette grumbles, knowing Tiki's right. The necklace is really pretty.

"Yeah, I guess you're right." Marinette spends the rest of her day from homework to a movie to dinner with her parents with her hand absent mindedly thumbing the pendant. That night she goes to bed extra early, relieved to know the next day is a Saturday. She'll get to sleep in and spend more time with Damian.

When evening does come, the girl has a difficult time falling asleep, excited to celebrate with her soulmate. Only one, itsy-bitsy year left! The girl ends up dozing off around midnight, the next thing Marinette knows she's in the dream scape.

"Damian!" Marinette smiles attacking her person in a hug, he reciprocates.

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you, you went overboard but it's beautiful."

"I know." Marinette pulls back, Damian removes a hand from around the girls waist and points towards her neck, the necklace sitting there as if it's the most natural thing in the world.

"To be fair, anything looks wonderful on you."

"Oh? And how would you know? All you've ever seen me in are pajamas."

"Call it intuition." Marinette rolls her eyes, still hugging an unusually affectionate Damian. His head nuzzling her cheek, she hardly felt the soft kiss he gave it. She blushes, holding him close.

Best. Birthday. Ever.

"Damiaaaaaan~"

"Yes?"

"Why do people have to suck so much?"

"Because they are ignorant, dim witted fools. But if you'd like a more specific description I would have to know who you are referring to."

"Lila came back from her 'trip', she keeps lying. I don't know what else to do. Why do all my friends believe her? She's so obvious!"

"Oh? The mindless sheep again?" Marinette gives him a look from where she plopped herself on the bed.