Daminette- Persephone Hades AU Pt. 1

A/N

So sorry about the late update, I wanted to complete the story before I started posting. This AU is actually how I found the fandom so I hope you enjoy my take on it!

Marinette hummed as she watched a little, green vine grow and wrap around her finger in a corkscrew motion. The sun filtered down past the clouds, warming the bluenette as she smiled down at the little grape vine that started to spring even smaller offshoots and leaves.

The young goddess was in the gardens, relaxing before going meet up with her friends. She had made plans to hang out with her group two days prior, Marinette had made sure to write the time down on her arm to make sure she didn't forget.

A particularly fluffy cloud rolled over, gently blocking out the sun. Marinette began to carefully unwrap her finger from the vine, so as not to hurt it. It only grew faster, trying to keep her there.

"No." Marinette giggled, using her other hand to help free herself. "No, mon petite, my little one, I need to go." She pet the vine as if it were a little ladybug, only using her pointer finger. A breeze moved the cloud, the sun shone again. Marinette loved the feeling of the warm sun on her shoulders, it was moments like that where Marinette realized how similar she was to a plant.

Or perhaps like a cat, always basking in the sun. Well, that's what she gets for being the goddess of life.

When she was finally up right, the bluenette waved goodbye to the little vine as if it could wave back. Marinette walked out of the marble walled garden, the stone boarders were now covered in beautiful vines, the odd flower blooming as she walked by.

She made her way back to the bakery, seeing her mother there Marinette spoke.

"Maman, I'm going to go hang out with my friends. I'll be back for dinner."

"Alright, dear. And don't forget, your eighteen
now. You should tell them." Marinette beamed, she was finally old enough to announce her domain. It was always important to hone ones powers  before telling the rest of the pantheon. Just as Tikki and Plagg designed; every god would have something to rule and reside over. Some were more powerful than others but Marinette was the goddess of life. The person closest to Tikki, goddess of creation.

Marinette loved her domain, she loved nature and animals. Plants naturally sought her like she was the sun. Animals flocked to see her if they could. She loved the life she had laid out for her. As goddess of life Marinette was encouraged to marry the god of the sun: Adrien. He was perfect, with blond with green eyes and a warm smile.

The bluenette loved her life, loved her family, loved her friends. Everything was right with the world.

The young goddess had been ready to tell her friends about her domain for some time but she had finally decided to do it.

As she walked, Marinette wondered what time would be best to announce it. Alya had invited everyone to her house and told her friends before celebrating the goddess of journalism.

Everyone had guessed the Adrien was the sun god, his had been formal and traditional. No one had been allowed to know until the official announcement. Now, he carried the sun across the sky in his chariot- free of his father's control for at least part of the day.

Nino had gathered his friends and announced that he was the god of entertainment with a song, it was one of her fondest memories. Dancing to the music, back to back before she pushed Nino near Alya. They had been together ever since.

Marinette was younger than her friends but they never treated her any different, and while Alya tried to pry Marinette would always laugh it off if they asked about her domain.