Daminette- Ballet AU Pt. 2

Damian's eyes flew open at the squeal of surprise and subsequent crash, the boy was on the couch, Marinette on the floor in front of him looking confused- eyes blown wide, her cheeks ladybug red.

"What are you-" Damian never got to finish the sentence, the night prior rushing back to him.

"Where? Why? Uh- how, how did we?" Marinette tried to form a coherent sentence but couldn't seem to.

"I don't know, you fell asleep at the table and I tried to put you on the couch but you wouldn't- and I fell asleep-" Damian couldn't help his blush, "I didn't want to wake you." Marinette seemed to understand what had happened and blushed even harder.

"I-I'm so sorry, I really didn't-"

"I know, me too." Damian took a glance at his watch, it was 9:30- they were late. Very very late. "Shit, we're late." Marinette took a quick glance at the clock attached to the wall above the television behind her.

"You shower- I'll make food and eat, then we trade?" Marinette nodded quickly walking to what she must have thought was the bathroom, it was really where Damian kept all his non-everyday things, all the suits and things the billionaire heir would wear, Marinette seemed to notice the higher end items and quickly closed the door, still blushing, she then rushed into the bathroom.

When Marinette was done she changed into some spare clothes she happened to have in her bag and traded places with Damian, eating quickly- her damp hair drying. Damian walked out fully clothed with wet, disheveled hair. The two quickly rushed out of the apartment, into the car, and onto the road.

Damian literally groaned when the car's dashboard showed a call from his father, it was not the morning for this. The boy picked up his phone and answered the call, turning off the car's Bluetooth.

"Yes, father?"

"No, I will not be going."

"I don't care, if Todd is there that should be enough. Doesn't Drake need to go, it's his job too."

"Date night with Stephanie is not a good enough excuse, he can take her there instead. I have a plans."

"My plans don't concern you. Don't put Alfred on the- Alfred, tell father I'm busy. Unlike him, I have a life."

...

"Well it just so happens that I do. Yes, I have a date tomorrow- with who?" Damian paled slightly, he hadn't thought through this lie, the chaos of the morning wasn't helping his tea deprived mind.

"One of the women I dance with- her name? No, I'm not making this up- why would I lie? Her name is- Marinette. I'd put her on the phone but you're probably far too-" Marinette jumped, blushing madly, if Damian was being honest he'd only said her name because he meant it- he wouldn't mind having a date with the girl.

"Then put her on the phone, Damian, if you really want to skip the charity gala I need proof." Damian mentally cures his father, he then turned to Marinette with pleading eyes. She nodded, still blushing like a mad woman. Damian heard a mumble.

"Ah- I'll have to call you later Damian, work." Damian sighed in relief.

"Of course, father, enjoy the gala."

"Yeah, right." The older man scoffed hanging up the call.

"I'm so sorry about that, you were the only name I could think of. My father was trying to get me to go to some trite gala."

"It's alright-" Marinette had to stop herself from saying that she actually like the sound of going on a date with him- while it took weeks for Marinette to realize it, now Marinette couldn't get the thought of kissing and dating Damian out of her head.