Daminette- A Very Special Valentines Day Pt. 2

A/N: You get two updates today, happy birthday again, Icerosecrystal !!!!

"Waterproof, lasts for hours." The bluenette winked before grabbing Damian's hand as their dancing slowed to a simple rocking motion.

"We'll see about that, but lets get out of here first." Marinette smiled as she let Damian pull her away, linked by the gentle tug of their hands. Just like when they first met...

// Flashback, 4 years ago //

"Are you alright?"

"Of course, I'm alright. Leave me alone." Damian huffed, annoyed some random girl was bothering him. He didn't want to be in Paris at some silly fashion event, but it was his turn to join father.

"You seem upset, what's wrong?" The short girl asked him again, he glared but she didn't seem fazed.

"I don't want to be here." Damian mumbled in English, he felt compelled to share with the girl, her big eyes disarming him. She looked like a woodland animal that needed protecting.

"Me neither, if you want- I know a way we can sneak out. We can go to the park nearby."

"Why would I do that?" Damian asked, not surprised the girl knew English, it wasn't an uncommon second language in France.

"We don't want to be here. I'm Marinette by the way." The girl continued to speak in English despite her accent, it wasn't necessarily thick but still obvious.

"How would we get out without being seen?" Damian wasn't going to pretend that he knew a secret way out, he only had time to learn the most basic schematics of the hotel and a local would probably have a better solution then pulling a fire alarm to get out of the awful gala.

"Behind the curtains, there is an emergency exit but it is not connected to an alarm." Damian raised a brow at her knowledge but shrugged it off and followed the girl as she discreetly slipped behind the long piece of fabric. Curtains surrounding the gala.

"So why did you have to come?" The girl quietly whispered as she led the way, stopping suddenly with a hand on Damian's shoulder, stopping him from bumping into her. Damian was hardly fifteen and still hated anyone he met off the bat but he didn't have any other choice if he wanted to get out without being seen.

"My father made me." They started walking again, Damian stopped himself from asking about why she was there. he wasn't going to socialize anymore than he had to to get out, after that he'd ditch her.

"Oh, I was invited by one of the hosts. Part of the new program I guess."

"Program?"

"The Waynes, you know the really rich family- from America, like you- they and the Agrestes started a program that helps support young people with their careers. I want to be a designer. What about you?"

"I want to follow in my father's footsteps." Damian then realized that the girl really hadn't recognized him.

"How were you selected?"

"I won a few fashion competitions, one of them was actually-" The girl stopped short.

"Go on."

"No, nothing. Here we are, if you want you don't have to come with me. If you have to go back just twist the outer handle upward." The girl left Damian, her soft pink dress rustling slightly in the biting cold, she'd freeze. The billionaire heir followed her with a roll of the eyes.

He silently followed Marinette as she walked into a small park, it had a fountain in the center and a merry-go-round along the side, a statue of Paris' heroes near the entrance. The heroes had defeated the city's terrorist relatively recently and while the boy was inactive, the female hero was still seen volunteering and helping local law enforcement.