Daminette- Midsummer Night's Dream Pt.1

Requested by: MarinetteNoirAgreste

Marinette's eyebrows scrunched together in focus, her tongue sticking out ever so slightly as she expertly embroidered flowers along the hem of a dress. The Parisian was in London, fresh out of university and studying under a brilliant designer as an assistant. The bluenette helped her boss but still had the support and time she needed to create and develop her own style. The past few months she's been able to learn and grow as a designer.

A phone buzzed under a mountain of fabric, the bluenette dived for the phone as the device rang. It was an alarm she'd set. It was time for Chloe's show. 

The two girls had become close friends after Lyceé, especially during College. The two Parisians even shared an apartment during university, Bourgeois studied theater and was now an actress in the Royal Shakespeare Company. It was the last week of shows for many of the actors and Chloe was Titania, the fairy queen's understudy. The lead couldn't come to the show because of some family emergency so Chloe was going to be on stage for the next two days. The blond was nervous but worked hard to make sure she was prepared.

Marinette was out the door with her coat on in no time, hailing a taxi to take her to the Globe Theater. The bluenette thanked the cabbie as she payed him. The building was modeled after Shakespeare's original theater which had been burnt down years ago.

The inside of the Globe Theater was beautiful, accurately representing what the original would have looked like when it was first built. Marinette passed the ticket stand and found her seat, waiting for the play to begin, a group of tall people sat near Marinette. They were noisy- laughing and joking louder than the usual hum of conversation as the play neared. They sounded like Americans. 

Chloe had promised that Marinette would be able to look backstage and get inspiration from the props and costumes so the Bluenette drew and sketched as the play went on, clapping as much as was deemed appropriate after every scene Chloe was in.

People cheered after Puck, the mischievous fairy that complicated the story, apologized for the trouble he caused and urged the audience to remember that it was all a dream. The actor that played Puck was very attractive, at least to Marinette.

The man was tan, dressed in varying shades of green. Fabric leaves and vines making up the decorations and details of his clothing. He was built, with strong arms that Marinette will deny saying distracted her as she took a sip from her water bottle. The water tested slightly off but the bluenette assumed it was because the water was from that morning.

When the curtain lowered after the final bow. Marinette got up with the rest of the guests and made her way backstage, following the directions Chloe had given her the night before. Kagami couldn't make it but she'd go the next night.

"Chloe! You were wonderful!" The bluenette immediately hugged her blonde friend, handing her a rose she bought from a vendor.

"Thanks, Minette. Come, the costumes are over here." The bluenette thanked her friend before starting to go through the costumes. Marinette heard Chloe say she had to get her bag and hummed to let the blond know she'd be fine.

The Parisian went into 'designer mode' as she flipped through the costumes, taking note of details and things she'd missed during the show, the girl absentmindedly noticed that the louder group from earlier had walked in.

"Demon Spawn, look at you- our little fairy." The group laughed before greeting whoever it was. Marinette decided to mind her own business, flipping through the rack as she looked for Puck's costume. It wasn't there. The bluenette deflated slightly, his costume seemed so well made.