Timinette- De-Aged Pt. 1

Marinette checked her phone, she'd gotten out of class an hour or so ago but had yet to receive her usual text or call from Tim. He always checked in on her, no matter how busy he was with work or his duties as Red Robin. Sometimes he even asked Alfred to check in, but there was always something. Marinette checked her phone's clock, the bluenette had to stop herself from trying to contact him. If he wasn't calling there was bound to be a good reason.

The young Parisian was in her apartment, polishing up an essay for one of her more challenging classes when her phone finally rang. Marinette immediately picked up, not looking at the contact.

"Tim?"

"No." Marinette immediately recognized the voice but it didn't ease her anxiety.

"Bruce, what's wrong? What happened?"

"There was an incident." Marinette felt the dread pool in her stomach as she listened to Bruce explain, the words hardly registered with how loud her heart was beating. "The Reds recovered a rune, Doctor Fate was called to inspect the small crystal. Before we could complete our investigation- the observation table was bumped. The rune was already cracked, Red Robin tried to recover it but he was getting ready to call you, wasn't wearing his gloves-" Finally, the bluenette couldn't hold her concern in anymore and cut the man off.

"Is Tim alright? Is he injured-"

"Marinette, you need to take a breath. Tim is physically fine. But he seemed to, at our best guess, absorb the rune." Marinette heard some rustling and then a high pitched wail.

"We just need you to come over, we have the nearest zeta on standby, have a mask ready." Marinette didn't need to hear another word, she was out the door with her keys and a bat-mask in hand, sprinting out of her apartment building and onto the street. The Parisian rounded three corners before making a hard right into a run down phone booth, quickly slapping the mask on before the zeta powered up.

A bright light momentarily blinded the bluenette before she blinked and saw the familiar bat-cave. The bluenette heard it before anything else, the crying. She made a mad dash up to the main level of the cave stopping short when she saw what was infront of her.

Damian, or technically Robin, was holding a boy with tired and puffy eyed, tears falling freely as he kicked and screamed. The poor boy was being held at arms length. Damian looked miserable while Batman and Doctor Fate spoke.

"I came as fast as I-" Everyone turned at the girls exclamation but was cut off by the young boy who quickly perked up.

"MARINETTE!" The boy immediately tried to wiggle, push, kick, and squirm his way out of Damian's grip, making grabbing motions toward the Parisian.

"tt, take the heathen before he injures himself." Marinette was spurred into action, scooping the boy up and balancing the seeming four year old on her hip as he desperately clung to the girl, nuzzling the crook of her neck.

"Um, who-"

"There was an incident." Robin said, wiping himself as if he was dirty just by holding the boy.

"Yes, but where is-"

"You're holding him." Batman cut in, Marinette seemed to piece everything together at that. The rune had been magic, it must have made Tim younger.

"Is- is it permanent?"

"No, we don't think so. Before any of this happened I was able to decipher some of the symbols. It shouldn't last longer than a week but we think it will only last half that." Doctor Fate answered before turning to his colleague.

"I'm sorry, Batman, there's nothing else to do but wait it out. This magic wasn't permanent, I can guarantee you that, in the meantime I will continue to research." The hero was then gone, leaving a still shocked Marinette alone with a four year old Tim, teenaged Damian, and a tired looking Bruce.