Daminette- Persephone Hades AU Pt. 10

Marinette frowned, she was out of fabric. The young goddess had made a strong habit of making clothes when she was too restless to do nothing and couldn't garden. She wished she could be out with her latest attempt at asphodels but Tikki said no more plants for the day.

She'd have to go to the market.

Steeling herself, Marinette slipped some sandals on and tied the straps around her calves. She was wearing a simple white chiton with a gold chord tied around her slim waist. The bluenette carefully removed her crown and placed the gold diadem on it's pillow. She walked out of her place, Tikki insisted it was a temple, and walked to the shopping district with a pouch of drachmas in-hand.

Walking down towards the center of the city, Marinette felt a breeze flutter her hair, she was suddenly taken back to when Damian used to do that, using his helm to embarrass her. She missed Damian and her home everyday, refusing to acknowledge Olympus as anything but the place she slept. She loved her parents but they couldn't stay with her all the time and Tikki was more of a doting mother than Sabine. Nona had to travel the world, helping lost travelers, Marinette wasn't going to keep her from her work.

The fashion district soon came into view, the bluenette was walking calmly. Used to the stares and distrustful glances people gave her, Chloe goddess of war broke the pattern and gave her a respectful nod- she was one of the only people that recognized Marinette for what she was. They kept their distance to stop Chloe from being dragged into the mess but they'd have each other's back if the need ever presented itself. The goddess occasionally visited Marinette and her flowers to say 'hello'. She was almost at the fabric shop when someone tried to get in her way, Marinette walked around them. Recognizing it was Kim, god of competition, she knew she couldn't stop- he wasn't one to give up easily. He made a grab for her shoulder but it didn't stop her, his hand slipped from her shoulder not expecting for her to keep walking. They still hadn't learned after all these years.

Next time he tried to grab her he was ready, yanking Marinette to a stop. His grip loosened and Marinette tried to keep walking but he was prepared and forcefully turned her to face him. The rough action made Marinette's neutral expression fall as a small gasp slips past her tongue.

"What's your problem? Can't you see we're trying to stop you?" Marinette gave no response. Kim was there with Lila gripping onto Adrien's arm as she looked upset. Alya and Nino were there with Max and a few others. All her old friends, Rose was there looking hurt as she hugged Juleka close.

"She obviously thinks she's too important to speak with us. You used to be so sweet and now you're just some emotionless, rude, pathetic witch!" Alya accused, getting up in Marinette's face. The girl didn't even flinch.

"If I remember correctly, it was you that accused me of being a bully while I asked for you to believe me. You said I was despicable for acting kind when I didn't care. I cared a lot." Marinette's tone left some taken aback, the shaking in her voice almost inaudible- but it was.

"You're nothing but a pathetic liar! We came to give you the chance to apologize! To come clean! And you treat us with nothing but disrespect!" Alya was red in the face as she yelled at Marinette who didn't even seem to notice.

All Marinette's old friends, instead of shouting random slurs went for a more precise attack. The girls called out all the things Marinette was insecure about, the boys threatening her. Adrien just looked away while Lila cried, always the victim.

"Adrien would never like you!" The blond's jaw drops.

"You're so immature, you're little school girl act is disgusting!"

"Your face is ridiculous, those huge, ugly, bug eyes. And those slutty pouted lips? PLEASE, it's too bad there's no medicine to help with that." There were some that cut deeper than others. But that takes the cake, Marinette felt tears sting her eyes. Marinette had a rounder face and while, as a child her big eyes were endearing, a teenage Marinette was concerned she'd always look like a mix between a grown up and a little girl, disproportional. She held them back.