-64-

S6

- Chapter 64 -
Trust No One

- Chapter 64 -Trust No One

Sitting in the backseat of a chauffeur driven car, I stare at the Manhattan courthouse across the street as the driver comes to a stop

Sitting in the backseat of a chauffeur driven car, I stare at the Manhattan courthouse across the street as the driver comes to a stop. Today's the first court date in Draco's second degree murder case with an enhancement for killing a member of law enforcement.

They wanted the trial to start as soon as possible. They need to get through the murder trials for Draco and Glock before they proceed with the Kingpin statute trial. Instead of taking a deal, he plead not guilty at his arraignment and decided to go to trial to fight this, especially since they clearly set him up.

Today's the Preliminary Hearing where the prosecutor presents witnesses to convince the Judge that there's probable cause to believe that a crime was committed and that the Draco committed the crime. Today the victims, which are also police witnesses, will testify. Draco's side can also cross examine the witnesses and can present their own evidence.

If the Judge decides that there's not probable cause Draco committed the crime, the charges can be dismissed or reduced to a misdemeanor for trial in court. If he's bound over then he goes to trial. This case is pivotal because if he's found guilty he faces life in prison with a minimum of 15-25 years. But also, if he's found guilty that means he'll automatically be sentenced to death in the Kingpin case.

The driver opens the door and I grab my Prada purse stepping out. I can see the media with their cameras ready to go. With a bodyguard by my side, I cross the street into the frantic people gathered wanting to get pictures for the notorious De Carlo crime family case that's been a focus in the news.

The story's too good not to be interested. There's Draco Lindo–This entrepreneur that was seemingly set to take over the fashion and music industry with his clothing lines and record label. Then add him recently marrying me, Desdemona Garnet, the millionaire entrepreneur and heiress who helped him start this business venture. People want to see how this'll end.

When I cross the street my security pushes through the crowd making a path for me to enter the courthouse. The first person I encounter is one of Draco's attorneys who I greet.