-19-

S2

- Chapter 19 -
Never, Say Never

- Chapter 19 -Never, Say Never

As the driver gets us through Manhattan, I sit in the backseat of an Escalade talking on the phone

As the driver gets us through Manhattan, I sit in the backseat of an Escalade talking on the phone. I'm supposed to be meeting up with Draco today to help him pick models for his clothing line photoshoot and fashion show when it launches. I could've easily called one of the modeling agencies I work closely with like Wilhelmina or IMG Modeling to give us there best models, but he wanted to have a casting call and audition to pick from a batch himself.

"What are you up to today?" Jacobi asks as I look out of the window at the buildings we pass by.

Thanksgiving barely ended, but the streets already had Christmas lights on the trees and buildings. Call me the Grinch, but I never liked Christmas. To me it was a ploy to get people to spend money. Even though I have money, I'm still cheap as some people would say. My father taught me that once you're rich that doesn't mean spend recklessly. Get rich, stay rich, and don't end up broke. Because of Christmas I had to buy gifts for my family, friends, and all of my employees to show my appreciation. And because I have money they expect something more than just some socks and a coffee mug.

"Uh, I have some work to do with Draco then for my swim-line. I also have to go check on my Love, Garnet office to see how the renovations are going." I never told Jacobi what exactly happened to my office when it was destroyed. I didn't need him worried or simply trying to figure out why it happened in the first place because it would all point back to Draco.

"What's up with that cat anyway? Why do you work so closely with him?" I furrow my eyebrows at that question. What is both of their problems with each other? Do they know each other, but didn't tell me because I swore they only met through me at the least two times.

"He paid me extra to personally help him build his businesses. That oppose to him working with one of my employees under me."

"I thought you were the boss, not the worker.."

"I am, but money talks. And aside from the money I think Draco has a lot of potential to be and do something big."