-55-

S5

- Chapter 55 -
Feel It In The Air

Draco's pushed down a hospital hallway on a gurney as the voices of nurses come off muffled

Draco's pushed down a hospital hallway on a gurney as the voices of nurses come off muffled. He's been in out of consciousness since the ambulance got him from that street corner. Before he briefly blacked out he was able to reach his phone and call 911.

His eyelids drift between open and closed as his vision is seemingly blinded with white from the fluorescent lights on the ceiling. He's so out of it he doesn't even know that Ar'mon is being pushed on one behind him.

When he called he didn't mention Ar'mon, he just asked for help. The EMT's were confused to find two shot people, but called for another ambulance. With a bullet in his back, Ar'mon is losing a lot of blood.

Draco has a million thoughts rushing through his head...

What happens if I die? What happens if I live? He's thinking about heaven and hell. He's done so much bad and evil, so he's naturally picturing himself burning in hell. The fear that he never got to finally turn his life around settles in.

Where am I going? Is it too late for forgiveness? Before he knows it, Draco's making promises of what he'll do if he gets to live.

You start drowning in fear, trying to stay calm but you can't. Fears about losing every little thing after he's worked so hard to try and get out. He's started all these businesses and been successful at it. The fear of not being able to accomplish certain things is what has driven Draco this past year...

Whether it was right or wrong. He killed Sanjay Ambani because he was standing in his way of getting out of the drug game. He wanted to kill Ar'mon tonight because he feels like he's another obstacle of him getting out.

Now the fear might kill him. All because he was moving with emotion and irrationally tonight. Being shot with a physical bullet is more like being shot with a mental bullet through the head.

His hoodie's cut open and one of the nurses looks at Draco with a puzzled look because he's wearing a bulletproof vest. She blinks wondering what kind of mess is he in to need that. She can tell he's not some form of law enforcement.

She can't even focus on the vest because they need to get it off. Draco still has a gunshot wound to his side that's continuously bleeding.

But if it wasn't for this vest, Draco would've probably died after that shot to the chest that was stopped. It protected him from the bullet penetrating through with lethal force.

When he was initially hit Draco would equate the feeling to being hit with a hammer in the chest. It hurts for him to breathe right now. His chest hurts so bad Draco was starting to think the vest failed him and he actually was shot.

"What are we looking at?" One of them asks.

"Gunshot injury to the side, chest contusion," she concludes from the bruising that has already started on his chest. "Also, possibly cracked ribs. We need to get him an ultrasound to see where the bullet is exactly."