-59-

S6

- Chapter 59 -
Bonnie & Clyde

- Chapter 59 -Bonnie & Clyde

Stretching his arms out long and hard, I look around still not used to used to waking up in Jamaica

Stretching his arms out long and hard, I look around still not used to used to waking up in Jamaica. For the past 5 months we've been staying at the house I bought my grandmother in Portmore where she's from.

After taking a shower and freshening up I make my way downstairs. Following the little noise I do hear I find my grandmother sitting at the dining room table drinking coffee. Thinking back on the fact she felt like she had to come to Jamaica after her house being shot up, we should've shut everything down then.

But when revenge and ego come into play you get irrational... The last couple of months has been a peace you can't buy. At the same time I still have everything I left hanging over me like a dark cloud. I can't forget that Apollo's in jail for drug trafficking, Ares is dead and Glock killed him, or that Glock's awaiting trial for Accessory to Murder and carjacking.

Telling her good morning, I kiss her cheek taking the seat across from her. "Yuh Gud?" She asks looking at me with concern. Anybody can see I'm a bit depressed. Most days I wake up after noon then I spend the day watching tv, doing in-home workouts, or I go to the beach thinking for hours on end.

"I'm fine," I say while checking my phone for any missed calls or texts. The only people who have my new number are Glock, Athena, and Dalton. When I see my grandmother shake her head I ask, "What's wrong?"

"Mi tell yuh boys no gud come from drugs. Mi know from experience, but yuh neva wa fi listen tuh mi," she starts her usually daily rant since I've arrived.

"Granny," I say scratching my head for her not to start.

"Now Ares dead. Glock in jail. It's all Apollo's fault. Mi nuh care. Mi neva like him!" She says harshly kissing her teeth long and hard.

When I initially told her Ares is dead she fell out screaming and crying like most dramatic grandmothers do. Even though Ares isn't her blood grandchild, he lived with her for a year so they grew close. If I told her Glock did it, that would break her heart even more so I kept that to myself.