-70-

S6

- Chapter 70 -
Atonement

- Chapter 70 -Atonement

Sitting in the living room of our New Jersey home, I talk to Glock through a video call

Sitting in the living room of our New Jersey home, I talk to Glock through a video call. He's officially been moved to a federal facility in Georgia awaiting both trial for one case and sentencing for the other. I'm glad to see him in high spirits considering the circumstances.

"How was Cali?" he asks as I stare at my screen. Glock's beard is wildly grown along with his head that usually keeps fresh waves.

"It was cool." I was glad to be back home, but I do miss my son. That word alone feels odd to say. Diamonté gave birth and I stayed for about three weeks. Staying any longer could've possibly been a problem with Desdemona even though she wouldn't ever vocalize that.

Diamonté's supposed to be letting me see him again before I have to turn myself in. Hopefully she keeps her word.

"I can't believe yo ass gotta kid. You got caught slippin' cause you fasho said you didn't want any until you were living a normal life."

I chuckle shaking my head. "Shit, I barely found out. Didn't even have time to properly wrap my head around the idea then boom, baby's here." I rub my forehead going to unlock my phone. I pull up a picture of him then put it in the screen of my iPad.

"That's a Lindo, for sure," Glock smiles as I move my phone. "We all got kids now. Shit's crazy. What's his name?"

"Diamonté already had the name picked so there was no changing her mind, but Keanu Crisanto Harper-Lindo. I'm surprised she even let me give him my last name." I couldn't even help the smile that crosses my lips.

Do I wish the situation was different? Yes. Who wants to be going to jail with a brand new baby to leave behind? It was never supposed to be this way.

"Sentencing is coming up fast. Hopefully they don't max us out," Glock comments with a sigh.

"Same." We keep talking a few more minutes before he has to go. It's crazy how he's all the family I really have left now..

Desdemona enters the room in lounging clothes, no makeup, and messy hair. I watch her sit on the other end of the couch. "We should go out," I suggest.