-78.1-

S6

- Chapter 78, Part One -
Champion

- Chapter 78, Part One -Champion

In my Atlanta home it's a bit hectic as I'm trying to get ready and my party planning team finishes up the last touches in my backyard

In my Atlanta home it's a bit hectic as I'm trying to get ready and my party planning team finishes up the last touches in my backyard. Today's my baby shower and I'm feeling a multitude of things. This day was always going to be bittersweet without Draco, but it's even worse without Cordelia and now the news of Glock.

Once my hair and makeup is done I sigh then stand up to look at myself in the mirror. The only reason I didn't cancel or reset the date for this is because everyone insisted I go through with it. Too many of the events I had scheduled to celebrate this pregnancy have been ruined and they're not having it. They think I deserve a moment to acknowledge what an incoming blessing this is.

My mother helps me into my dress and the whole time I can hear Cordelia in the back of my head cracking her jokes. She would've lifted my mood so high if she was here right now.

Right at that moment Draco's grandmother, Cedella, busts into the room. "What is this?" She holds up a bottle of cold pressed organic green juice. "Why don't you ever have any regular apple juice in your yard?" she asks wearing an expression of complete confusion.

I lower my head in a laugh. She's a character and it's been nice having her stay with me. "It's healthy for you, granny. You should drink it. Your doctor said you need to eat healthier."

My mother's staying with me too, but I don't see her being much help with the actual baby. I was probably the only child she didn't have a nanny or caretaker helping her. I'll give it to her though.. Since the divorce she's been finding other things to do aside from day-drinking and shopping all day like she used to. She never has to work a day in her life, but she's actually spending her days being productive. She's also excited about being a grandmother.

Cedella sucks her teeth and turns up her face like I called her a curse word making me laugh. "Kill mi dead. Please, tell me there's not only vegan food on the menu."