-52-

S5

- Chapter 52 -
When It Rains Bullets, It Pours Blood

- Chapter 52 -When It Rains Bullets, It Pours Blood

I walk into the Manhattan Courthouse with my lawyer along with Paloma and my family including my parents and my sister, Miranda

I walk into the Manhattan Courthouse with my lawyer along with Paloma and my family including my parents and my sister, Miranda. It's a weekday morning, so Cordelia and Lennox are in school. This is all the support I need for today. I walk through the medal detectors getting checked by security to make sure I don't have any weapons.

I breathe in and out trying to keep myself as calm as possible, but deep down I'm nervous as hell. I expect to walk in court and walk right out after that dinner with the judge, but that's only hoping.

I pull out my compact mirror in my Hermès Birkin bag flipping it open. I check my face taking in the natural makeup with a bold red lip that Paloma did for me. I push my hair behind my ear and right as I close the mirror my shoulder is tapped.

For some reason I jump a little before turning to see Tru. I already knew he's coming to support seeing as my current lawyer was recommended by him. "Sorry," he says with a chuckle before opening his arm. I give him a short hug then he touches my shoulder saying, "Don't worry. Everything will be okay."

I breathe out. "I hope so."

I could tell Tru was a little upset towards the end of my event after I made him admit to a room of a hundred people that he gave me HIV. He couldn't show me he was mad though because he thinks he did that as an effort to get me back. I'm praying this case doesn't drag on because I'm tired of faking this buddy buddy thing with Tru. At least he got to announce his status on his terms and wasn't outted on social media like me. He still gets to live his normal life... unless someone recorded a video that night and shows someone..

I push hair behind my ear seeing my parents and Miranda make it through the medal detectors. Miranda and my mother immediately roll their eyes or glare at the sight of Tru. My father is the only one to greet him.

"Is that a Birkin bag?" My lawyer asks looking at the shiny Black and red crocodile purse with gold hardware on my forearm. I nod my head wondering why she's asking that. "You can't walk into the courtroom with that. That's a more than $25,000 bag." I didn't want to correct her and say it's actually more than $50,000 because it's custom, limited edition, and rare.