-28-

S3

- Chapter 28 -
Powerless

My eyes flutter open as I awake in the London, England hotel room immediately trying to adjust

My eyes flutter open as I awake in the London, England hotel room immediately trying to adjust. I can feel the emptiness of not only the room but also the bed, so I pat my hand around to confirm it. I turn over seeing Draco isn't in the bed with me. I look around the room seeing the balcony door is open and I can see him walking back and forth past the door. I sit up raising my eyebrow because since we've been on vacation he's never woken up before me. I'm an early riser and he just seemed to need the rest, so I let him sleep in most mornings.

I look to my left at the nightstand on the dresser seeing it's already after 10a.m., which is late for a person who doesn't wake up no later then 8 in the morning. I must've been tired to sleep that long because my body clock always woke me up without an alarm. I look at my phone that's turned off on the nightstand thinking about checking it, but decide against it. I was so used to immediately checking my phone as soon as I wake up wasting so much time responding to texts, emails, and checking social media. It was a bad habit to the start my day.

I was using this vacation to do a little technology cleanse while I can. It's hard when my livelihood depends on tech as a social media strategist. While gone I have my assistant posting on my social media for me since I do get paid just to make promotional posts on Instagram. I get out of bed going to the bathroom to relieve myself then start on my morning routine of washing my face and brushing my teeth.

Once I'm done I walk through the hotel room. I grab my pajama pants from the floor sliding them on. After putting on my long sleeve shirt sitting on the ottoman in front of the bed I go towards the balcony. Not even five feet away from the door I can feel wind blowing in. London was cool and wet during this time. Not the ideal vacation spot after spending a week in sunny Cabo on the beach.

I was starting to wonder why Draco wanted me to come with him so badly. He's been acting weird since we got here. It's like he turned into the Draco I first met who's serious and quiet. It made me think he didn't plan this trip to London for leisure, but he had something else in mind. I thought we were going to see the Big Ben and the Buckingham palace or ride the London Eye before going to dinner at 5-star restaurants. We've barely left the hotel.

I stop at the balcony door just standing there staring at him as he leans against the concrete railing...