-3-

S1

- Chapter Three -
Change

Once I reach the address in Manhattan that Desdemona gave me, I pull over to the side parking my car

Once I reach the address in Manhattan that Desdemona gave me, I pull over to the side parking my car. I get out stepping onto the sidewalk. I dial Desdemona's number holding my phone with my shoulder as I pay for the meter. "You here?" She says as soon as she answers.

"Yeah, outside."

"Okay, I'm coming out of the hotel now." I say okay then we hang up. I finish paying for the meter putting some hours on it. I turn around taking a few steps while I look down at my phone replying to a text from my girlfriend. When I look up I see Desdemona coming down the sidewalk towards me...

You could tell by the way she walked and carried herself she had a high level of confidence

You could tell by the way she walked and carried herself she had a high level of confidence. "Heyy," Desdemona says hugging me for the first time since we met. We pull apart and she asks me, "How are you?" I could see she was in a friendly mood today. I'm not saying other times she hasn't been friendly, but today she's more friendly. She lightly places her hand on my back pointing to the hotel as we begin to walk.

"Fine, I'm good. How are you?"

"Well, I had two cups of coffee, so I'm doing great." She has a wide smile on her face as we walk through the automatic doors of the hotel. That explains. "I hope you're as excited as I am for your first photo shoot."

"Eh," I just shrug.

"Eh? You need to be more excited than that. You want to do this, right? Look, you probably want to do the other stuff first. I do too. It's more money, but if we kick this off we can get your face out there and build you a following. Obviously we need this to move faster and we don't really have time to build a portfolio for years before you can get runway shows with popular designers or even just photoshoots with them. Nowadays agencies will actually accept social media pictures if you have a large following," she says pushing the button for the elevator.