-77-

S6

- Chapter 77 -
Judas Repents

- Chapter 77 -Judas Repents

Sitting at a round table, me and two other men converse animatedly over a game of cards

Sitting at a round table, me and two other men converse animatedly over a game of cards. Once a week it became routine for me to gather with Big Evil, who's real name is Everette, and another high power inmate.

We spend our brief time together discussing world affairs, politics, and our legal issues. We also attend classes on critical thinking and anger management. I had finally felt like I met people who wanted the same thing out of their time behind bars...Growth. Hanging out with them made the long hours alone in our cells easier to deal with when there's something to break up the boredom.

I look at the day room tv because what flashes on the screen catches my eye. It's the news and I heard them say a familiar name. When I see Geron being lead in handcuffs as Nina and another officer walk behind him my face frowns up. All I see is a kid because that's what Geron always was to me despite him not being much younger than me. A kid's life being ruined as apart of a sick cycle and game...

Nina's been working overtime to make sure our family knows what they did was a grave mistake. Geron wears a face of not being remorseful at all, but Nina knows Geron didn't actually kill Casanova. She knows it was Apollo who pulled the trigger. She wants him and Rhea to know their plan didn't work like they thought. She wants the last laugh.

The newscaster details what's going on by saying, "Geron Rosario, 19, arrested for the murder of the C.A.S. drug organization leader. It turns out Caswell Baptiste, better known as Casanova, was working as a DEA informant and federal witness. Rosario's girlfriend and the daughter of tech billionaire, Desmond Garnet, was recently killed in a drive-by shooting. Reports are claiming Rosario believed Baptiste had something to do with his girlfriend's murder, but it was a case of mistaken identity. Baptiste was working to change his life for his wife and kids amidst a RICO case where he was facing life in prison."

"Bullshit," I mumble knowing it wasn't mistaken identity. Casanova did that shit. When Rhea told me it was Apollo who killed Cas, I was surprised. I thought my brother was too far gone and brainwashed by Nina. I guess there's still hope for him.