Epilogue

- Epilogue -
Coming Home

A Year Later...

Sitting in the back of a Rolls Royce Cullinan, we pull up to the Georgia Federal Prison in Atlanta

Sitting in the back of a Rolls Royce Cullinan, we pull up to the Georgia Federal Prison in Atlanta. Getting out of the car I don't miss having to visit this place multiple times a week to see Draco at all. That's three years in my life I don't want to repeat.

I look at the three Cullinan's back to back when Draco walks around the car. We both lean against the side of it when I see my father step out of the white one parked in front of ours. His expensive suit lays perfectly on his body before he fastens the button.

My sister, Miranda's, the last to get out of the car parked behind us. It's a pretty nice welcome home committee for a mother fucker who probably doesn't deserve it. At least he didn't before his period of repentance.

Those prison gates roll back and we all watch a man take his exit. At 6'5" his outfit of a white t-shirt and khaki pants could fit better, but I'm sure it's all they had for him. His hair is in braids and he still has the same beard he went in with. Not much has changed on the outer, except more muscle from spending days working out in his cell or the yard.

With a look of confusion and happiness all at the same time, Apollo emerges a free man. Only serving a few years of his twenty year sentence it feels like a miracle he's leaving prison. He knew he'd be an old man before he saw the outside world again, but he was extended some type of grace...

The grace of a presidential pardon that was only given due to my father, Desmond's, connections. If my father wasn't apart of the billionaire boys club, Apollo would still be rotting right as we speak. Desmond Garnet, a billionaire and once federal informant, was the only character affidavit Apollo needed to get approved.

All that time of Apollo insulting me and it's my family that got him out. All that time of him doing Ar'mon's bidding on an old beef, and it's his father's enemy that helped him get out. It's funny how life works.

This also only happened because Draco asked us to see what we can do. If Draco and Apollo never got back on good terms this would never happen as well. When they were both in prison they looked out for each other as best as they could. Even if they weren't hanging out on the yard or in the dayroom, they kept tabs on one another. In jail you always need someone to have your back. Draco was released and Apollo was alone. They started writing one another letters and from there it progressed into them being okay.