-75-

S6

- Chapter 75 -
Lick Back

- Chapter 75 -Lick Back

In the restrictive housing unit of a Georgia prison, I sit in the common room

In the restrictive housing unit of a Georgia prison, I sit in the common room. The room's filled with other men with the same classification as me; only 8 other individuals. The same 8 people I'm allowed to be around when I'm not in my cell alone. Correctional officers stand watch as the news plays. I've officially served 7 months of my five year sentence. It feels like just yesterday I was taken from the court room. Soon it'll be a year.

Throughout these months they've slowly given me more privileges back such as being allowed out of my cell for four hours instead of only one. I was able to think and came to the conclusion that prison is the best thing that happened to me. It might sound crazy to some people, but it makes sense to me. This saved me. It's forcing me to sit down because I was moving too fast.

We all were. We never had a second to take things in before the next situation takes place. It took me a little time to get to that realization. The first few months I was deeply dejected by the daily rituals of humiliation and degradation that plagues the experience of prison, especially solitary confinement.

Between the constant strip and cell searches, basic needs not being met like access to medical attention, and visitations, I was still able to see the silver lining. Being inside of an empty concrete box only being able to look at a blank wall, swimming in isolation and loneliness, brings a different type of rationale.

This comes with the life I lived, so now it's time become the person I always wanted to be. No more selling drugs and violence. This is still prison, but it's time to heal myself. I have five years to do it.

What I really want to do is get this Kingpin case over to completely feel like I can do that. They keep pushing back our trial and it's starting to get annoying. They keep saying it's because of Apollo's health, but Apollo severed his case from me and Glock's. His case has nothing to do with ours. It's just an excuse because they know they don't have anything substantial.

I'm indifferent when it comes to Apollo being alive still. Yes, I ordered the hit, but I'm not really shocked he didn't die. I honestly could've had the job finished by greenlighting another hit. I don't want to risk any more charges being added. Whatever happens will happen.