-34-

S3

- Chapter 34 -
Sucker 4 Love

- Chapter 34 -Sucker 4 Love

For the people in relationships it's Valentine's Day, but to me it's just another Wednesday at the office

For the people in relationships it's Valentine's Day, but to me it's just another Wednesday at the office. I grab all the folders I need holding them on my forearm as I leave my office starting down the hallway for todays meeting with my employees. I smile and greet one of my workers as she steps out of her office walking in the same direction as me towards the board meeting room.

"You know you could've given us the day off. It's Valentine's Day," Kathy informs me. She's a short, black woman with natural hair and a mocha complexion who has been working for me for years.

"And? It's just another day," I say honestly. I've never been into Valentine's Day. Cliche, but if you're with a real gentleman a regular day will feel like a stupid greeting card holiday created to make money. Plus, I'm a single woman. Draco and I don't have a title, so he's not obligated to get me anything or do anything.

"I'm trying to get wined, dined, and my legs divided by my husband," Kathy goes on making me chuckle. Good for you..

It was very important for me to have a good relationship with all my staff members. A lot of bosses and CEO's forget you need to keep your employees happy because you would be nowhere without them. They can also sue me and go on strike. I don't need that. My Love, Garnet staff was one big family with genuine friendships. At the same time they understand I'm their boss.

"Must be nice. Well, you can do that after 5p.m. when you get off," I inform her.

"What are you doing tonight? Or who?" She asks with a grin as we walk into the meeting room where the long table is already occupied by several people.

"Absolutely nothing or anybody," I say sitting my folders in front of the chair at the head of the table.

"Explains why we're working. You don't have a little boo thing to spend the night with?" Kathy goes on.

"She cheated on him and got caught right before Vday. You don't get caught until after the holiday that way you get gifts from the main and side," Trent, a gay, white guy in his twenties says making everyone in the room either hiss or nod in agreement. "Everyone knows that."