-61-

S6

- Chapter 61 -
Omertà

- Chapter 61 -Omertà

At my New Jersey home I'm up bright and early to run errands

At my New Jersey home I'm up bright and early to run errands. One of those including going to meet with Draco's new lawyers. It's only been a couple days since he turned himself, but it feels like forever.

After putting on the leather dress coat, I slip my feet into Black Suede Christian Louboutin So Kate's. When I look in the mirror fixing my straightened hair I feel hollow. I don't think this is how anyone would want to spend their first week of marriage. Going to meetings with lawyers, jail calls, jail visits, or court hearings. I just have to make the best out of a crazy situation that I signed up for.

Grabbing my shiny, Black Crocodile-skin Birkin bag and keys I make sure I have everything I need. Even though I've been an emotional wreck I have to dress the part. I had been plastered all over blogs, magazine and newspaper covers as a kingpin's wife. It was definitely a new title I don't want to get used to.

Realizing I almost forgot my phone I quickly grab it taking wider strides to move faster. When there's a knock at the door I smack my lips wondering who this is because I have to go. I go to the front door already seeing a figure behind the frosted glass. I check the peephole then swing it open.

My face is met with a piece of paper being held up then a man saying, "Desdemona Garnet-Lindo, we have a warrant to search the premises." It was my first time hearing my new last name out loud, but I didn't like it on his lips.

"What?" I say screwing up my face right as they start barreling into my home. "Let me see that!" I demand already reaching to snatch the piece of paper and read it.

"We're searching all properties tied to your husband." I look around seeing all the people in FBI uniforms already beginning the search.

"But–" I'm about to say I bought the house before we got married, but remember we're now a union. Anything that's mine is his. Plus, Draco had been staying here before we left for Jamaica and when we got back since he got rid of his condo.