-22-

S2

- Chapter 22 -
Friends Turn to Enemies

- Chapter 22 -Friends Turn to Enemies

I sit in the living room of my Brooklyn apartment smoking a blunt to stall time

I sit in the living room of my Brooklyn apartment smoking a blunt to stall time. I needed to be getting ready to get my day started, but I was procrastinating. I had two daunting tasks to do today that had me on edge. 1. Finally meet up with Kohh then 2. Go pick up my HIV / AIDS test results. I couldn't be sober while doing either of those.

After I finish the blunt I go get dressed throwing on something that could be disposable. Did I want to kill Kohh? Hell no, but I know it's a possibility. I was going to get to the bottom of whether or not he snaked me. I know that much. Once I'm dressed I leave my apartment and I drive to Gramercy.

Desdemona's little counselor told me my results came back a couple of days ago, but I was in California. She told me I could pick them up today whenever I wanted. She wouldn't be home, so she stuck them under her mat. That meant the results had to have come back negative, right? If they were positive wouldn't she want to sit down and break it to me gently then explain where I go from there?

Once I get to her apartment building I go up to her floor. I stand in front of her door looking at the mat that has birds on it. I bend over lifting it just enough seeing a large, white envelope. On the front I see Draco De Carlo written on it confirming it's for me. I grab it then quickly head back towards the stairs. I didn't want anyone thinking I was being weird lurking around her apartment door in all black, especially since this is a decent neighborhood.

As soon as I get outside and get in my car I look at the envelope. I was anxious to open it and very tempted, but I didn't. Instead I threw it over to the passenger seat then pulled my phone out. I unlocked it going straight to my text messages. For the most part my messages were empty. I usually deleted text threads. Plus, I had a second phone I used to contact my brothers, workers, and connects. The only text threads I had on this phone are Rhea, Athena, Diamanté, and Desdemona.

I look at the one at the very top seeing Mo Money making myself chuckle. I think about the fact that for once after we crossed lines and boundaries she didn't ice me. We've been talking everyday since we got back from California. We definitely had some fun out there while at the same time working and relaxing. It's something I needed in order to get away from the bullshit here in NY even if I did come right back to it.