Epic

Sitting in silence in a one quiet evening, one of them is on the bed, reading a book, while the other is at his work table, in front of scattered papers and a laptop.

"Babe?"She called for him as she close the book she's reading before removing her glasses for her to massage the bridge of her nose.

"Yeah, babe?"He asked, his eyes still on his computer.

"It's almost Gia and Mason's birthday."She answered.

"And?"He asked and her forehead creased.

"It's the first time in years that we are complete."She answered.

"The last time that we are complete to celebrate their birthday was for their third birthday."She added.

"Then what do you wanna do?Have they talked about what they wanna do?"He asked.

"Well, they're busy with their school works lately and they are also busy with school clubs that they're in so I'm not really sure about what they wanna do."She answered.

"How about,"He started as he turn off his laptop and she hummed.

"How about we surprise them?I mean, they're busy to plan their party so let's plan it."He continued and he looked at her.

"We can call their friends, our closest friends, family. And we can celebrate it at their favorite restaurant."He said and she nodded.

"That's a great idea, babe."She said and he slowly crawled on their bed before letting out a sigh.

"God, they're turning 14."He said almost a whisper as he settle beside his wife and she looked at him.

"Time flies, huh?"She asked and he gently pulled her for her to be on top of him.

"How about another Brosnan baby?"He asked and he started running his palm on her back.

"I'm old."She answered.

"No, you're not old."He said and he started giving pecks on her lips.

"I love you, Mary Louise."He whispered against her lips and she smiled.

"I love you, too, Pierce Brendan."She replied and he suddenly rolled them over for him to be on top that made her squeal and giggle.

"We can start planning about the twins' party tomorrow. My assistant can call a coordinator that can help us."She said as she wrap her arms around his neck and he nodded with a hum.

"Almost fourteen years ago, I held your hand in the delivery room, excited, knowing the fact that I really am going to start a family with the woman that I really love."He said softly that made her smile and their foreheads met.

"When I heard the first cry, I felt that my world stopped but I had to focus on calming you down because I know that you were in so much pain."He added and he started giving pecks on her lips.

"But all the pain was worth it when the twins are already in my arms."She said and he nodded.

"Yeah, and the nurses asked me if I can cut their umbilical cords. God, my hands were shaking at that time but I did it."He said and the two of them giggled.

"I remember you taking care of us. You always try to stay up for the twins because you didn't wanna stress me so much."She said and he smiled.

"Because I love you and Mason and Gia, and it is my job to take of you three for the rest of my life."He said and she started playing with his hair.

"Despite of what happened to us in the past, you're still the greatest husband and the best dad in the world."She uttered.

"And you're the greatest mom and wife anyone could ever ask for."He replied and he kissed her. She quickly responded to his kisses as her hands travel down to the hem of his shirt and they suddenly heard knocks on their door that made them stop.