Favorite Scars III

For the next days of Pierce in the hospital, he used those days to have meals with Meryl after her surgeries or when she is not doing anything.

"Stop using the nurses to call me here."Meryl said the moment she arrived at Pierce's room that made him laugh.

"Because you were ignoring me last night."Pierce said and Meryl grabbed a chair before sitting beside his bed.

"Okay, sorry. It's just that we were doing lots of paper works last night that's why."Meryl said and Pierce handed her-her food that he ordered.

"You're gonna be discharged tomorrow by the way. But I'll still check on you and I'll still clean your wound for the last time."Meryl said and he nodded.

"And we'll run some tests on you today to make sure that you're good to go tomorrow."Meryl said and Pierce nodded.

"Are you going to clean my wound later?"Pierce asked.

"Depends."Meryl answered with a giggle.

"Are you gonna visit me when I'm already out of the hospital?"Pierce asked.

"Depends on my schedule. You know that I almost never go out of my apartment once I'm out of the hospital."Meryl answered.

"I'll still give you my address. I'll expect you."Pierce said and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"Maybe I'll drop by. I'll see what you're eating there."Meryl said and he giggled.

"Don't worry, I will watch what I eat even if I'm already out of the hospital."Pierce said and the two of them giggled.

"You really are beautiful."Pierce said and her forehead creased.

"This is the look of no sleep, Pierce. Not the look of beautiful."Meryl uttered.

"Well, for me, that is still the look of beautiful."Pierce said and she smiled.

"I didn't know that this is the new on-call room."A voice suddenly uttered that made Meryl spun around.

"Oh, hi, dr. Smith."Meryl said with a nervous giggle.

"Keely, what do you want?"Pierce asked right away.

"I was planning to eat lunch with you but it looks like you have made other plans."Dr. Smith answered.

"I called her here. I wanted dr. Streep here and I think that there's nothing wrong with that as long as I am not interfering her work."Pierce explained.

"So you really like doctors, huh?"Dr. Smith asked.

"I don't like doctorS. I like dr. Streep so please, I am not disturbing you anymore and we've been over for more than a year now."Pierce uttered.

"Please, leave now. I don't wanna have a stressful recovery."Pierce said softly and she just left without saying anything.

"Pierce, why me?"Meryl asked all of a sudden as she sit back on her previous chair.

"Meryl, I like you. From the very beginning, you have assured me that everything will be alright and with one simple smile of yours, I already know that everything will be alright and I want that Meryl. I don't care if you think that you are not beautiful or if you think that you are not great,"Pierce started.

"Meryl, I wanna be that person who will assure you too that everything's going to be okay, that you are beautiful, that you are amazing."Pierce added and a tear escaped her eye.

"Pierce, I don't know, everything is too fast, too overwhelming for me. I...I'll come back tonight to check your wound."Meryl whispered as she wipe her tears before leaving his room.