In Between III

"My schedule for the next week, please?"She asked, arriving at their headquarters with a cup of large coffee in hand.

"You have two events this week and they are the dinners. Then next week, Governor's Ball."Her assistant answered as she sit on a chair.

"Is Cher here already?"She asked, looking through her files.

"She is not yet here."Her assistant answered.

"Alright, I'm gonna call her, we have a rally this afternoon, I need to revise this speech."She uttered and her staff just kept mum as she dial her campaign manager's number.

"Hello?Andy Garcia speaking."A voice from the other line suddenly uttered that made her forehead creased.

"Hey, Andy, this is Meryl. Is Cher still with you?"She asked right away.

"Uhmm yeah, I just woke up and she is still sleeping."He answered and that made her do a facepalm.

"Can you wake her up?We have an event this afternoon and I need her A.S.A.P."She uttered.

"Yeah, sure, sure, I'll wake her up."He replied and she just shook her head.

"Alright, bye."She said before ending the call.

She went through her day even with some delays, and after a long and exhausting day, She headed straight home. She kicked off her shoes, dropped her bag, and even before she can sit, her doorbell ring that made her forehead crease.

She walked to her door right away and she opened it without even looking at her peephole. Her jaw quickly dropped seeing who it is before her forehead creased.

"Pierce?H-How?I mean, what are you doing here?"She immidiately asked.

"Well, I just bought a unit here and they said that uhmm you're from here, too."He answered.

"Okay?And you are at my door, because?"She asked.

"Because I wanna greet my new neighbor. And it looks like even with the condos we buy, we have the same taste."He answered and she rolled her eyeballs.

"And I have uhm cookies here, in case you want them."He added as he show her the box of cookies and she raised a brow.

"Are you kidding me?What are you, a grandmother?"She asked before grabbing the box of cookies that made him giggle.

"So am I welcome in your unit?"He asked.

"No."She answered before closing the door and quickly opening it again that made him chortle.

"But uhmm,"She started and he hummed.

"Thank you for the cookies. I-I...I need them because I'm so stressed about the campaign and I'll probably eat them the moment you leave."She added.

"We can stress eat together. I'm also stressed about the campaign and don't tell this to anybody but I order cookies and many more sweets even if I work out every morning."He uttered and she let out a sigh.

"I'm gonna let you in if you have hot chocolate WHICH you don't have so go home."She said and he pursed his lips.

"If I ran to my unit now to grab hot chocolate and some more sweets, am I still welcome?"He asked and she squinted her eyes.

"Why are you doing this?"She asked all of a sudden.

"We can't be friends even if we're running against each other?Our campaign managers sleep with each other."He answered and she nodded.

"Good point."She uttered and he stared at her, waiting for her answer for his question.

"Alright fine. And please, change into house clothes or something comfortable. Seeing you still in a suit makes me ugh."She said and he laughed.