At Last

Getting ready for a dinner that they are invited to, she helped her kids dress up even before she can dress herself.

"Eli, can you and Renèe stop running, please?I just put on you two's clothes, you don't wanna be all sweaty when we get to where we're going."Meryl said sternly.

"Sorry, mommy."Her little boy said softly and she nodded with a smile.

"Babe, have you seen the shirt that I'm going to wear?"A voice asked her all of a sudden.

"Your shirt, your coat, and your pants is in the closet beside your belt and your shoes."Meryl answered.

"Oh God, you're the best."Pierce said before he kissed her cheek and she smiled.

"Where are the little munchkins?Are they all dressed up?"Pierce asked as he start putting on his clothes.

"They are in the living room, already dressed up except for their shoes. And I need to get ready too, I don't wanna look like a stressed mom of two."Meryl answered and Pierce giggled.

"You look amazing as a mom of two."Pierce said and Meryl rolled her eyeballs.

"You say that because I am the mother of your children."Meryl uttered and Pierce nodded with a hum.

"And you're also both my best friend and my partner that's why I can say that."Pierce said and her forehead creased.

"Fuck you, no sex for you."Meryl said and Pierce laughed.

"I know you won't be able to resist me."Pierce uttered.

"Shut up."Meryl said and Pierce is still laughing.

"I love you."Pierce said as he kiss her forehead and she hummed.

"I love you, too, you moron."Meryl replied.

"Mommy!"A voice squealed all of a sudden that made her look up and it's her little girl.

"Hi, mommy."The little girl greeted that made her giggle.

"Hi, baby, you need anything?"Meryl asked and the little girl is just smiling.

"What do you want, baby?Just tell mommy."Meryl said and her little girl hugged her.

"Oh, my sweet little Renèe."Meryl said softly as she carry Renèe on her lap.

"Are you nervous that we are going to see other people?"Meryl asked and Renèe nodded with a hum.

"Why?They are mommy and daddy's friends. They are also Eli's friends."Meryl said softly.

"Cawed, mommy."Renèe whispered and Meryl kissed her forehead.

"You're scared with other people?"Meryl asked and Renèe nodded with a hum.

"Don't be scared, mommy and daddy and Eli will be there with you."Meryl uttered.

"Renèe, come here, I'm going to help you with your shoes because mommy needs to get ready."Pierce suddenly uttered and Meryl carried Renèe down her lap.

Meryl put on a simple make-up before clipping her hair up and putting on her shoes. She prepared two bags for her kids before preparing hers and they're ready to go.