Chapter 24

Warning: There are brief mentions of rape in this chapter. If you're sensitive to that type of thing don't read this

Once we got home I cleaned myself up then got into bed next to Negan. I'm so happy he was there to save me. The things they did to me was something I'm not ready to talk about. It's also something I'll never forget for the rest of my life. Just thinking about it makes me want to curl up in a corner and die. They did unspeakable things while keeping me there.

It took me almost thirty minutes before falling into a deep sleep. And once I started dreaming I wished that I hadn't went to bed in the first place.

In the dream*

"You know you're the hottest girl I've seen in years around here?" Derek smirked in my face. It made me want to puke just looking at him and the disgusting smile on his stupid face. He untied me from the chair then stood me to my feet. Fear ran through me as he shoved me down onto the dirty dust covered bed.

My eyes closed for a moment so I could stop the tears from falling. When they opened again he stood there at the foot of the bed watching me. His eyes were intently on my body as he looked me up and down. "You're going to be so much fun to play with," he said more to himself than to me.

My heart started pounding as he removed his shirt and crawled on top of me. My hands pressed firmly against his chest trying to shove him away. He's too strong though. "I promise to make this fun for you." He whispered in my ear before trying to rip my shirt off. He failed miserably as only half of it tore off my body.

"Please don't do this," I begged through watery eyes. He only smiled while cupping my cheek in his hand. He made sure to be delicate about it as he moved his hand further down my body. He leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips but I refused to kiss him back. As I started pushing him away someone walked in.

"Derek the boss needs you." A man said. He groaned as he got off me and put his shirt back. He grabbed my arm tightly and shoved me back onto the chair where he tied me up and left the room. I'm just afraid of what he's going to do when he gets back. I hope my friends find me soon.

End of dream*

My eyes opened wide as I shot up in bed panting for air. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I shook, begging him not to hurt me. I felt arms wrap around me and looked over to see Negan sitting there staring at me worriedly.  "Baby it's okay I'm here," he assured me. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you." He pulled me close as my head rested on his chest.

He ran his fingers through my hair trying to calm me down. "It happened," I cried out to him.

"What happened?" He asked confused. I sat up and looked him in the eyes.

"That man I killed, Derek, he...he forced himself on me and-" my words were cut short by the tears coming down my cheeks and the sob that left my mouth. But no more words needed to be said because Negan understood what I was trying to say. He only held me tightly against his chest while letting me completely fall apart in his arms.

It felt like hours passed when my body stopped shaking and my cries died down. He still held me though, and never let go, not once. I pulled away to look at him and saw the hurt in his eyes. "I'm sorry to dump all this on you like that." I apologized. He shook his head and pulled me into a soft and very delicate kiss.

"You're feelings are important to me and if I could I would make that asshole suffer for what he did to you. But don't ever think you're feelings aren't valuable, because darling they are." He assured me. I nodded and rested my head back on his chest. I fell asleep after that and woke up the next morning to an empty bed.

It confused me as I stood and made my way down the stairs. That's where I found Negan standing in the kitchen making me breakfast. Some times it feels like I don't deserve him at all. He saw me and grinned while filling a plate up with food. "Good morning beautiful." He complimented as he set the plate down in front of me.

"Good morning, thank you for this. And for last night. You didn't have to." I smiled. He came over to me and placed a kiss on top of my head then got back to cooking.

"You're my girlfriend Nova, of course I'm gonna be there for you." He said. My eyes widened and I almost choked on the pancake in my mouth. We never made our relationship official so I didn't know he was my boyfriend.

"Girlfriend?" I questioned as he turned to look at me.

"I hope so," he smirked and that put a blush on my cheeks. He sat next to me and began eating as well.

"I like calling you my boyfriend." I smiled and he gave me a playful wink. As much pain as he caused in these last six years, I can't help but to fall deeper and deeper in love with him. In my heart Negan is a good man. "I'd like it if we could keep last night between us." I told him and he gave me a smile.

"Of course, baby."

After breakfast we cleaned up and I knew what had to be done next. They wanted to throw Negan back into his cell but after pleading with the rest of the council they agreed to free him permanently. He's shown real progress in helping this community. That made the two of us happy but him more than me.