23

The day of the U.A. Sports Festival was finally here.

I woke up and did my hair, brushed my teeth, washed my face, got dressed, and headed downstairs to make breakfast.

I put a bagel in the toaster and sat down at the table waiting for it to be done. Hawks walks in and sits across from me.

"You ready kid?" he asks.

"Hell yeah, but I do have a couple butterflies in my stomach." I tell him.

He chuckles and says, "You'll do great. Don't be nervous."

"Thanks Keigo." I tell him.

"I'll try and watch what I can of the festival while I'm at work." he says.

"Okay." I tell him and my bagels pop up from the toaster.

I grab them and take out the cream cheese and a butter knife.

I lather the cream cheese on my bagel and once it's done, I eat it.

"Are you gonna go see Bakugou before you head to school?" he asks.

"I'll probably meet up with him and walk to school with him." I say.

He laughs and says, "So no quickies, or a small make out sesh? I thought you two were hooking up."

"Oh my God Keigo! We were never hooking up!" I say.

"Awww that sucks, for you." he says and continues laughing.

"Shut the hell up Keigo." I say and get up from the table.

I gather up all my things and walk to Katsuki's house. On my way there I pick up a protein shake and a muffin for him.

I knock on his door and Katsuki opens up.

"Morning dipshit." I say handing him the shake and the muffin.

"Thanks." he says taking it and walking out the door, closing it behind him.

He was always serious, but something about him today was off. He was way more serious than usual.

"Chill dude. Going in there tense will be worse." I say and he sips his shake and nods.

We make it to the school gates and I take a deep breath. I remember everything Dabi had taught me and walk in.

~Time Skip~

"ALLLRIIIIGHTT! GET LOUD FOR CLASS 1-AAAAA!!" Present Mic shouts as he announces us and we walk out to the field.

He announces the other classes and Midnight walks out on the field.

She stands on the podium and tells Bakugou to walk up and give a speech as the representative of our class. I wasn't expecting much from him, and was excited to hear what cocky thing he would say.

"I just wanna say.." he starts.

"I'm gonna win." he says and everyone in our class goes crazy and he gets boos from the rest of the crowd.

I burst out laughing and he smirks at me.

Iida runs up to the podium and says, "Why would you be so disrespectful as our representative?!"

"It's not my fault you're all stepping stones to my victory." he says and puts a thumb down.

I laugh even harder and he walks back down and sits down next to me.

"So am I a stepping stone too?" I ask him.

"Not exactly." he says.

"And why is that?" I ask.