2013 (24)

"Dude, are you kidding?", Luke yelled from his house when Shawn pulled outside in his very own car.

"I got it!", Shawn shouted showing his friend his driver license and the car his parents had gifted him.

It wasn't a brand new car, but it was perfect for him and he loved it.

"Nice", Luke hissed walking around the car until he reached the driver's door and opened it so he could congratulate his friend on his birthday. "Get up".

Shawn got out my of the car with a shy smile and his friend had his arms around him in no time.

"Happy birthday, man!", Luke hugged him.

"Thank you", Shawn whispered.

"Let's get Nick and the girls", Luke said and jogged around the car to get on the passenger seat.

Today was Thursday and Shawn was throwing a birthday party on Saturday, so he was just hanging out with his closest friends for the day. He was static, he had been waiting for this moment for a long time. He had long craved this tiny piece of independence and it was finally here, in the shape of a card in his wallet.

Nick had a similar reaction to Luke and then they left to pick up Jess and Camila that were at Jess' house.

Shawn hadn't seen Camila since last Saturday at his house when they gave in to every possible desire, within their teenage experience, of course. He was already sweating with anxiety and anticipation. The girls came out and got right in the backseat with Nick.  They drove to the burguers place they liked and when they got out of the car Shawn felt his skin tingle with just the prospect of having Camila close to him again.

If he thought one time, or actually three, were going to be enough, he was wrong. No, instead, he wanted more and had more ideas to try out with her.

"Happy birthday Shawnie boy", Camila said to him using the annoying nickname she had for him and hugged him before getting inside the restaurant.

"Thank you, Mila", he replied acting annoyed and smelling her perfume and feeling his whole body react to it.

Get it together, Shawn.

She smiled mischievously when no one was watching and he crooked a smile with the same energy.

They had their usual meals and enjoyed spending time together during Shawn's birthday. Luke, Nick and Jess, clearly had no idea about what their friends were doing and that was for some reason very exhilarating.

"So", Jess said putting down her soda. "How was your weekend?"

"Boring", Luke mouthed while trying to chew his food.

"It wasn't boring but I didn't do anything fun either", Nick shrugged. "I miss football".

"What about you two?", Jess said looking between Shawn and Camila.

"We, uh, we weren't together", he almost choked on his soda and tried to explain.

"Well I know", Jess replied like if that was obvious. "But what did you do?"

"I stayed home, with my family", Camila commented to give Shawn a few seconds to recover from the scare.

"I, uh, look after my sister because my parents went out", he said later, looking down.

"You had the house to yourself and didn't tell us?", Luke asked a bit frustrated.

"Just for a few hours and my parents would've killed me", Shawn told him.

Camila looked intensely at him while the others carried on with the conversation. His cheeks had turned a bit red, but it must had been the fear of being caught by their friends. They hadn't talked since that day but it was ok because they needed the time apart. It would've been overwhelming otherwise. The things he did to her... yeah, she needed to recover.