2011 (6)

As much as other people insisted, Camila wasn't drinking. She didn't feel like it and she wasn't even interested on doing so. Shawn, on the other hand, was all in for it. Nina had begged her older brother to buy her some beers and snitched them inside the house for her birthday party.

"Are you sure?", Shawn offered Camila his bottle again.

"Yes", she said confidently.

"Ok", he shrugged and took another sip of it. The face he made wasn't very appealing and Camila was happy with her decision. She also didn't want to make her mom mad if she ever find out, she would go nuts.

"It doesn't even look good".

"How would you know? You haven't tried it", he told her.

Camila rolled her eyes and walk away to join Jess.

"Let's play a game!", the birthday girl said and everyone paid attention to her. "Shawn, drink that beer so we can play spin the bottle".

Shawn looked at all the rest of the beer he had and his stomach groaned a bit. All eyes where on him so he couldn't back up. He drank all he had left and gave away his bottle for the game.

"You all know the game", Nina said. "Just sit around so we can start".

There were around 10 to 12 kids in a circle, all with worried, nervous or excited faces. Camila wasn't very impressed, the only guy she kinda liked wasn't at the party. Shawn, on the other hand, was looking forward to kissing Alexis, Nina's older cousin that had joined them for the game. She was one of the hottest girls of sophomore year and all guys knew that. He, as a freshamn, didn't have a chance of kissing her outside the game so he was crossing his fingers and hoping for a miracle.

They span the bottle a few times landing on random people neither Shawn or Camila cared about. The kisses were short, more like pecks but no one said a thing. Neither Shawn or Camila had kissed before but they weren't going to admit that to others.

When the bottle stopped on Camila she held her breath and her heart started to pump blood like crazy. She got stupidly nervous because of just a silly game, she played with her fingers behind her back while she waited for a partner. When the bottle stopped again and landed on Shawn, she first felt relieved that she knew the person she was going to kiss, then she felt extremely, unbearably awkward.

They locked eyes and she knew he was feeling the same way. God, this was too weird but they were too stubborn to back down, specially if it was one against the other.

They stood up in front of each other while all eyes were on them and took a subtle breath in before leaning forward, frowning their lips just a little. She put her hand on his chest and he placed his on her waist. The feeling of the other's lips on them was foreign... but nice. It was soft and warm, like kissing velvet. The kiss was over just as fast as it started and then everyone had moved on, everyone but them.

Camila felt dizzy at the thought of Shawn being her first kiss. This moment had never crossed her mind and she honestly didn't know how she felt about it. All she knew was that the tickling on her lips was a good sensation, one that she couldn't let go of.

Shawn was the same... or worse. If his mom were to find out for some twisted reason that he had kissed Camila, he wasn't seeing the end of it. But the kiss... it felt good. It was like caressing velvet with his lips and he liked it, he really did.

They sat back down around the circle and just Camila got to kiss again out of the two of them. It was Jason's turn and Camila was lowkey excited about kissing again. She had high expectations after the last one, but the kiss didn't live up to those. The kiss with Shawn had been gentle and tender whereas this one was too foreceful and messy. Jason stomped his mouth against hers and they actually crushed their teeth. Camila instantly touched her lower lip that was hurting when they pulled apart and Shawn assumed it had been because she had liked the kiss. He didn't understand why but that hurt his ego, so he excused himself from the game saying he needed a beer and left. He did not need a beer, in fact, when he stood up he felt the effect of the single beer he had drank and had to sit outside.

"Are you ok?", Jess asked him when the game had ended and they all wandered around.

"I think I'm a bit drunk", he replied.

"How much did you drink?", she asked him.

"I don't know", he replied although he knew very well, he just wanted to look cool.

"Stay here", Jess said.

"What did you do?", Camila asked him when Jess went to get her.

"None of your business", he murmured.

"It is, you idiot. My mom is picking us up in a few hours and she'll be mad with me if you are drunk".

"I'm gonna be ok", he groaned.

"I never understand when you two argue so I'll leave you alone", Jess said and walked away.

"I'll get some water for you", Camila sighed and went inside the house.

"Hey Shawn", Jason called him when he was just passing by and said, "good kisser, huh?"

Jason was obvisouly talking about Camila and Shawn didn't like that. He didn't reply to the comment though and just ignored it. When Camila came back, he was weirdly pissed at her.

"Drink", she said and gave her the glass of water.

"How was the game, did you kiss more people after I left?", he asked sassily but Camila didn't pick up on his tone.

"Nah, it was a stupid game", she said truthfully. "And some people really don't know how to kiss".

He felt like a knife going through his stomach for the mere idea of her not liking his kiss. He slapped himself mentally for caring so much about it. Why would he care?

"That's not very nice", he whispered bitterly.

"Yeah, well Jason isn't very nice either", she said and he finally understood Camila wasn't talking about him or his kiss. "I think I cut my lip with own tooth because he was too harsh and desperate".

"Yeah, he isn't nice", he agreed feeling good again and putting the bad mood aside. "I'm fine by the way. Your mom won't notice".

"Sure?", she asked him.

"Yeah".

"Stop drinking", she ordered him and he nodded.

"Hey, do you know who I wanted to kiss?", he asked her raising his eyebrows, using some of the boldness drinking had given him, real or not.

"No, I don't care".

"Alexis", he said, ignoring Camila's words.

"Alexis?", she frowned.

"She's hot", Shawn explained.

"Why are you telling me this?", Camila asked him confused and a bit upset.

"I don't know, because I'm... drunk".

"I don't think you're drunk. I think you like the idea of being drunk and you're acting stupid", she groaned.

"Like if you would know", he whispered.

"I do, now shut up". She was getting angry and she didn't like it, but couldn't help it.

"Why are you always so mean?", he said offended.

"This is how we talk, don't act surprise", Camila shrugged with disdain.

"Whatever", he replied and Camila turned around to look in the other direction.

The fact that Shawn had said he wanted to kiss Alexis had bothered her and she couldn't explain why, so in turned she got mad at Shawn. Why was he thinking and talking about someone else when she had practically said he had been the only good kisser? And why did guys always look for older girls when they knew they had no chances with them? Hunter, the guy she liked at the moment, was doing the exact same, she had seen him on the school corridors flirting with a girl older than him. Ugh, guys, she groaned internally.

When Sinu picked them up they didn't talk. They dropped Shawn at his house and he got out of the car with just a short goodnight and thank you. He and Camila were pissed at each other, and since neither of them knew why the other was mad, they opted to stay silent. Their fights were pretty common and regular so nobody paid much attention to them. Eventually they forgot about it and went back to normal, although fighting felt more like normal to them.

——————

a/n; Merry Christmas everyone! 🎄