2013-2014 (34)

By the time the holidays arrived, Shawn had accepted his crush on Camila. She, on the other hand, was too busy dealing with her parents and having on and off fights with them to care about anything else. They used to spend Christmas with her grandparents on her mom's side, but his dad wouldn't be joining them this year and they didn't want to be apart from him so they all stayed and for the first time didn't leave town that time around.

Camila was livid. Not because she was dying to go, she loved her grandparents but it was boring there; but because she hated how everything had changed and continued to do so. She wanted things to go back to normal, although apparently she was the only one.

Her grades started to drop, which was just understandable giving everything she was going through, but her parents didn't seem to get it and both were mad at her. She was tired. Tired of feeling alone, judged and misunderstood. After what had happened almost a year ago and how they were all affected by the miscarriage, she expected her family to grow closer together, not fall apart.

The only thing that got her going were her friends that always seemed to be there for her. Also Shawn's family. His parents knew what was going on and tried to help by receiving her and Sofi at their house any time they wanted. Oh and Shawn... he had been providing great, delicious, breathtaking help. She had to admit one good thing of staying behind was that she got to spend time with him instead of flying away to the other side of the country.

She could just turn off her mind when she was with him. She enjoyed the way her thoughts vanished in her head when his hands roamed her body. There were no worries in the world when their mouths were together and their bodies connected. Then she had to go back to reality and everything sucked again.

Given the weird situation she was in, people around them just assumed Shawn and her had grown closer together, like friends. Best friends. No one imagined what happened behind closed doors. It was enough seeing them together without arguing to even begin to think something else could be going on between them.

Shawn had the habit of running in the mornings, specially when it was cold and the air made his lungs burned. This fall he had changed his usual circuit and routine though. He ran from his house to Camila's house and back. Of course there was a detour in the middle of the track.

Sinu left the girls alone every Sunday morning to help at church. It had been part of her therapy to join any social group and she chose the diner. She left early every weekend and came back to have lunch with her daughters. Shawn and Camila didn't miss on this opportunity.

"Wait", Camila told Shawn when they landed on her bed, his lips glued to her neck.

"What?", he asked already panting. The running was a pretty much a facade but he had actually ran for a couple of minute to her house.

"I can't today", she said pushing his shoulders a bit so he would stop and pay attention to her.

"Why not?", he frowned.

"I'm on my period", she replied.

He seemed to think about it and then said, "I don't mind".

"But I do", Camila chuckled.

"Seriously?", he asked and she nodded. "Ok, then".

He got off her and and sat on the bed to get his shoes and hoodie.

"What are you doing?", she asked her.

"I'm leaving", he shrugged. He was disappointed but he understood if she didn't want to do anything. He wouldn't force her.

"But I'm still horny", she whispered with a bit of exasperation.

"But...", he muttered turning his head to look at her. "You just said..."