Chapter 5

Raven's POV

The years have past and winter has come once again, as the cold air and snow flow together , while hitting the ground and making a white blanket.

"Kazumi, look its snowing" I look over at Yuki who was once a seven year old who only wanted to see her parents, but now is living a life with out them, as if they never existed.

"Yea, i know" I kept on looking out the window and watched with sadness in my eyes, as the memories of the past go through my head slowly and painfully.

"Do you think we will ever see L again?" I turn around and head in a different direction, while she follows me waiting for an answer.

"Do you Kazumi?" I stop and turn around, while my long pink hair flows in the air.

"I don't know and i don't care" i turned around and headed to my room and locked the door, making sure that no one would be able to come in. When i made sure that it was locked, i hurried and went over my dresser and took out a lollipop that someone had gave me before the left seven years ago.

"Why did you leave Lawliet? Why didn't you say good bye?" I could feel my eyes sting as tears started to well up.

"Kazumi!" I looked over at the door and hurry and put the candy away in the dresser, while rubbing away my tears.

"What is it Yuki"

"Kazumi, Mr. Roger said that he needs us in his office right away" I blink my eyes and think of a reason why Roger would want us in his office. It was unusual for him to call students in his office , only if it was important, but i couldn't think of anything other then it being a call from L.

"Hurry Kazumi, he said it was important" I opened the door, to reveal Yuki outside the door and waiting for me.

"Come on Kazumi" She took my hand and took me to the office, when I was going to knock; someone had already opened the door before letting me knock.

"Ah your here, now hurry in" I walked in, with yuki still holding my hand and sat down on a chair, while taking my hand away from her.

"Why did you need to see me Roger"

"Kazumi, its Mr. Roger"

"No, no it's alright Yuki, like i told you, you can call me as whatever makes you comfortable"

"okay" Mr, Roger smiled a warm smile and looked over at me, while i just stare at him with a blank face.

"I wish you would take that mask of your off Kazumi. You look more beautiful with out it."

"No, thank you. I wish to keep this mask on, it helps me with many reasons that i have"

"Yes, yes you have told me that many times, but i still hope that you could take that off"

"If you have called me in for this, then i will be taking my leave Roger" I began to get out of my chair, but Mr. Roger stopped me before i left.

"No, I called you in, because Watari need to talk to you two" I stopped and look over at him, while Yuki was surprised and happy.

"Does that mean we can see them Mr. Roger" I stand and wait for Yuki's question to be answered, but Mr. Roger simply shaked his head in a 'no'. This made Yuki sad and look down at the ground, while i just wait for Mr. Roger to tell me the rest of his speech.

"Kazumi, here" I walk over to Mr. Roger and take the phone that he handed to me.

--Phone--

"Hello"

"Yes, Hello is this Kazumi"

"Yes, may i know who is speaking"

"Oh hello Kazumi. I hope you are getting along with the kids"

"Yes, i am"

"Well that's good to know, but lets get on with the reason i called you for"

"Alright Watari"

"Good, well I've called you, because i wanted to know if you and Yuki would like to join L in his detective work"

Silence

--end phone--

I drop the phone and get out of the room quickly, before Mr. Roger could catch up to me.

"Kazumi, wait" I don't look back and i quick ed my pace up and go into my room and lock it.

"Kazumi, what's wrong. Did Mr. Wa- i mean Watari say some thing bad"

"Go away Yuki"

"But"

"No, buts just leave me alone" I heard footsteps leave, while i sit in my bed and look over at my chess game that i left unfinished. I get up and walk over to it an look at the pieces that i use to think that are people in the real life, but are in a game.

"So, the kid you always waited to see has left to be a detective is that right Kazumi" I turn around and see my dark angle that i happen to meet when L had left Wammy's house.