Chapter 27

Raven's POV

My head is pounding and my conscious is coming. I think I see light coming through a crack.

"So you're finally awake huh? Well anyway did you sleep well?" i look to my right to see Fuzen looking directly at me.

"What are you doing here" i glare at her as she just smirks.

“Oh i welcome you and this is what i get, wow you are a cheerful person” I glare at her even more as she speaks again.

"Well if you really want to know, then i should tell you that i was waiting for you to wake up. You know i was also almost certain that you wouldn’t wake up anymore” I look at her confused, while thinking about how long i was asleep, because this room,this very room that i am in is different from when i last saw it.

“What do you mean by that Fuzen?” She looks at me serious,while i try to figure out what she meant by, she was giving up on me waking up. Was i sleep for many day, or months.

“What i mean Kazumi, is that you have been sleeping for five years” My eyes widen and i felt a pain in my chest. I couldn’t believe it all, it all had to be a joke, but if it was then she wouldn't have been looking at me with a serious face. And even so, Fuzen isn’t one to joke about something like this.

“What do you mean by that!?” I couldn’t control my reactions,it must have been by the response that i had from her.

" calm down kazumi, you shouldn't over work yourself you know" i glare at her as she looks around the room.

"Someone's coming"

“Uh..” She goes to the corner of the room and stands facing me, while i look at her confused.I wanted to say something about who was coming,but my answer was answered when the door opened.

“I thought i heard noises in here” My eyes widen as i faced the that person.

“So you're awake Kazumi” He smiles at me as i just look at him, ‘why, why, why was he here, why wasn’t L here instead of him.’

“Why are you here,where is L!?” I see a twisted smile appear on his face, whi8le he began to chuckle.

“Why you ask, simple. L is dead” My eyes widen and i began to shake.I don’t know what was happening, but i couldn’t control myself.

“No! your lying” I hear him chuckle and walk towards me.

“If i am then check for yourself” My chest began to feel pain,i didn’t know what to do, was he right, was L really dead, did L really die.

“how... how did he die?” I lower my head as i hear him speak.

“He was killed, by Kira” I couldn’t take it anymore, all the pain inside me overtook b\me and i couldn’t control it.

“No! that can’t be” tears began to spill down my face, all my emotions were out of control.

“You have to accept it Kazumi, Kira won” I began to choke on my tears, i couldn’t speak my heart was in so much pain.

“ W..hen w.hen did he die”

“He died five years ago” My breathing began to get heavy.

“I’m sorry Kazumi,but you have to accept it” I look up a little bit and saw him smile at me with that twisted smile of his.

“Here, i’ll let you be here alone for awhile,i know how you feel L was your childhood friend and maybe even more to you” I hear him walk away and go out the door and shutting it.

“No, how did this happen, these just no way L died, i .. i can’t believe it”

“You have to believe it Kazumi, L is indeed dead” I my hand to the drawer next to me that had a vase. As i did i slammed my hand on the vase so it could slam to the wall and break.

“Kazumi!” Fuzen goes to my side and looks at my wound.

“Kazumi stop acting like thi-”

“Stop no, i can’t, not since not since-”

“Not since what huh Kazumi!” I look at Fuzen as she glares at me.

“Stop whining a dead soul”

“You don’t unders-”

“I understand completely Kazumi, that’s why” She doesn’t finish her sentence,instead she reaches in her pocket and takes out a ball looking thing.

“That’s why i kepted his soul so you wouldn’t suffer,i made sure that i got it before the shinigami took it with her” My eyes widen as i see the ball looking thing.

“Why.. why did yo-”

“Simple because i knew you would kill yourself if he died and that you would never forgive me if you knew i could do something” I look at the ball looking thing and at Fuzen.

“Fuzen... th..ank you” She looks at me surprised as i reach out to touch the ball looking thing.

“Really something like this makes you happy” His huffs and looks away,but as she does i knew that she was smiling.

“Fuzen”

“Hmm” She looks at me as i hold onto the ball looking thing.

“What is it?”

“I want to know something...”

“Well then spit it out”

“I want to know if you would bring him back to life!?” I hear her sigh, but as she does she looks at me with a serious expression on her face again.

“Like i told you once Kazumi, I can do whatever you want only and if only you make a wish for it” Thunder begins to sound outside and i could hear the rain pouring down, it seemed funny to me, since it seemed that the earth was crying for me.

“Alright, i understand, but before i make that wish Fuzen. I want to find Kira and kill him myself before i make that wish!” I bite my lower lip and clench my hands into fist. But as i do i see Fuzen smirk.

“Alright, then i will wait for that wish and wait to have your soul as well dear Kazumi.”