Dead Man's Kiss

"Scared?" The man screamed at the damsel. The girl pushed herself further into the dark, away from the creepy, dirty, rusty man who had been keeping her hostage for a week now.

-------------------------------------------

"What do you mean, the girls are going missing?" Love asked as she wasn't sure of what Zee had said.

"Fifth girl in the same town, gone missing, all the girls before weren't found either, so get to it young lady," Zee ordered.

"Isn't it a police thing?" She asked, but Zee hung up on her. 

"He hung up on me..." Love muttered to herself in disbelief as she entered the little bakery. Ordering a few donuts and a coffee to go, she sailed her boat in the direction the captain had directed to.

---------------------------------------

The drive was long, and she needed fuel for herself and the car as well, so stopping at the gas station when she reached town, she went straight to a dinner. The place was overloaded with people of all ages, and as over placed herself on a table that just got free, she saw a man in his fifties approach the same table with excitement. The joy on his face faded as he saw Love taking the table before him, feeling bad for the old man, she stood up and offered him the table, and got her meal packed. Before leaving she waved back at the old man, who nodded back at her, eating his burger in happiness. 

Public service felt good once in a while, thought Love as she unlocked her car, and ate her meal on the drivers seat, she'd been sitting on for a couple of hours now. And while certain areas in her back and her back thigh pained, she tried to change her side, and in the act, ended up throwing a fry on the foot mat. She calmly placed the meal on the passenger's seat, and bent down to pick the fry up. The position stretched her muscles, which did feel good to her. As she rose back up, she saw a motorcyclist carry, rather drag a big jute bang with him to the behind of the little diner. She got off the car, and bi a short goodbye to her meal for the time being. Her stomach growled, but she knew this lead couldn't be missed, even for a burger and well, fries. 

"Hey," Love shouted at the guy with the tattoos, "Nice ink," she said as the guy rose to his original height, which might be some six feet three inches. "You in a hurry?" She asked as she looked at the bag, ignoring the fact that he might be difficult to fight with. 

"Could you mind your own business?" he grumbled lowly.

Love grabbed the man by his arm, and twisted it, pushing him on his front on one f the outside walls of the diner. To her surprise the tall man wasn't build strong.

"Shut your mouth right there and you might live," she whispered it going on her toes in his ear, and next kicked the bag with her right foot, which now stood on the ground. A few potatoes moved out of it's open mouth. Letting the man go, she looked inside the bag once more, but only to her shocked it was filled with potatoes. 

"The stock came in late today, I was just doing my job," the man said in a scared manly voice with sounded ironic in itself. 

"Well, you are a nice man, I suppose Arthor," she said as she looked into his eyes, and slapped his cheek lightly before moving back towards her car. Once inside, she picked up her meal and got back to it. Her phone rang, and picking it up she heard Zee on the other end of the phone. 

"I've sent you and address, get to it , now." He said.

"I'm having my dinner," Love stated.

"Does it look like I care, besides it can wait..." and the line was disconnected for the second time. 

Love looked at the address, then back to her fries, and held the steering wheel in her hand, and shouted as she landed her head on top of it, suppressing her discomfort and irritation. Once she was over her little breakdown, she drove while she munched on her fries. At least she wasn't drinking and driving. Rather eating and driving, which wasn't prohibited, she supposed.