Moscow Mule

Car is our second home, isn't it? While it fulfills the need of comfortable transportation, it contains all our essentials. From moisturizers to perfumes, from cup holders to an extra pair of shoes just incase those heels hurt. Love felt the connection right here right now, while she listened to the her favorite playlist on the car stereo system as she drove through the night on the long, curvy, mountain road with it's ups and downs.

The laughing gas was refilled in the Z-watch while she visited Zee a day before. Everything was set for the next case. The research was complete, the emails were read, all the preparations were made. And now she just needed to observe her next target when she'd reach the town. Observation is a key tool in the way we act. What we want, or expect, how we act, what we do, everything. Observation plays a very important role in our intellect as well, that is, if you observe the correct things with the right approach.

As she rolled in a dinner to have a few bites before the morning sun, she noticed a guy sitting in the right corner of the not so dungy little dinner. As he looked up from his table, Love saw his deep dark blue eyes and brown smooth hair. She hadn't seen eyes as beautiful as his ever. She forgot where she was going and as a result fumbled on the janitors mop. 

"I'm sorry," Love said as the janitor helped her up. The old man was a bundle of joy who ensured Love wasn't hurt. "Are you okay young lady?" 

"Yes, thank you," she said as she returned the smile. Holding herself together she noticed how all the people in the dinner had paused their activities for a second to watch her. She didn't look in the blue eyes again, but she knew he already was looking at her. 

Placing the order, the chair of the table at the window was taken by her, while she waited for her cheeseburger. Once she was over with the dinner, she walked in the direction of the washroom. 

The guy didn't look at her now, neither did Love, all she knew was he was eating his meal, not caring to know what, as she felt awkward looking at him again. But when she couldn't resist herself from knowing him, she turned her footsteps in the direction of his chair, rather than the washroom and stopped right when she reached his table. The guy was so engrossed in his hamburger, that he refused to look up. Giving up all hoped of him starting the conversation, Love knew she'll had to initiate. 

"Hi, excuse me" she said earning his look at her, "Is this seat taken?" she asked.

"No," he said as he scrutinized her. "Would you like to sit?" He asked after giving her a good smile. 

"Yes, thank you," Love said.

"I'm Joshua, and you are?" He asked.

"Love," she said.

"Quite a name," he commented. "So Love, you aren't a local, so where are you from?"

"How'd you know that?" she asked.

"This is a small town, people pretty much know each other," he explained.

"I'm from New York," she said.

"Wow, that's nice" he said, "So how's the new town treating you?" 

"It hasn't treated me yet," she said.

He smiled at that. The cute little peachy smile. The chocolate peachy smile. And right there in the moment Love knew what she wanted. A moment for herself. Just to live in the present without thinking of the future, or the past. So she switched off her mind reading and went with the flow. 

"Then let it treat you right," he said with that smile.

"I'd love that," she said.

"So? My place or your?" He asked.