Salty Dog

Dogs. Cute, funny, childish, but loyal and sweet. The best. 

Salt? Essential. But in a limit. No salt's a mess, excess salt is more of a mess. Else we don't notice it.

Well the "self time" proved to be a bummer for Love, she sighed thinking about it as she walked back from the morning jog to her apartment through the block of houses. The car's were in the driveways, just like they're supposed to be, the garbage was all too well to do, what was going on in the area. Perfection fitting perfectly to a T.  How can things be so good without supervision, and if it is being supervise then who's supervising it? Love thought.

As she lowered the volume of the music, she noticed a the screeching noise of a cat. It was between the little alley, and sounded like it was being troubled by a man. Love took a defensive position as she increased minorly in the direction. And as she entered the alley, something crossed her eyes in a blink making the girl who kicks asses shiver in reflex. She looked up to see the cat on the roof of the house, as she looked back at Love. 

"Hush," the man, rather old man said with a jerk to his hand, in an attempt to make the cat run away. But the cat wasn't anything normal, she stood where she was as she looked at the helpless old man with a certain expression of victory.

"What are you looking at?" The old man yelled at Love as she stood in the alley watching him jerk his hands. 

"I'd better get going," Love said as she turned around, hopping the earphones back in her ears. 

Just like any other morning, she unlocked the huge wooden door, made herself breakfast and coffee before jumping in the shower. After the relaxing meal, she blow dried her hair, and wore a simple white and red track pant suit for the day at home. As she prepared to sit on the couch, under the smooth woolen blanket over the soft cushions with the month's Lonely Planet issue, the door bell rang. 

"Hey sister," Kayla said as she smiled her way in the apartment while Love frowned at her. 

"What is it?" Love asked.

"Oh, I see you're dressed quite well," Kayla commented.

"It's my day off," she said embarrassed by her home attire.

"We have no day offs," Kayla reminded her. 

"Well I didn't have a case, at least yet," Love sighed at the last word.

Kayla smiled sarcastically  as she picked up the Nutella jar and a spoon, and handed the I-pad to her sister.

"What's this?" she asked.

"We need to check it out," Kayla said as she satisfied her craving.

Taking the jar from Kayla's hand Love spooned herself as well, and she dwelled in the rich flavor. 

"Hm, I've seen him," Love said as she recognized the man on the right from the picture. It was the old man she saw this morning.

Removing her attention from the jar, Kayla looked at the picture again. 

"He's our new case," she said.

"What's wrong with him?" Love asked.

"Devil's got a sweet suit," Kayla said flirtatiously.

As Kayla pulled up across the street from the cooperate offices, Love wondered what the old man has to do with all this. 

"There he is," Kayla said as she pointed at a man across the street.

Love tried to spot the man, but couldn't find him in the bunch of well suited, professional people there.  She looked back at Kayla who focused on someone in the crowd.