Hurricane

The new cases were assigned, and as Hope left the lab for the next job, Love looked at her own car thinking about the good old days when she could go out. Zee had asked her to keep the tracking systems updated, and after the research was complete, she brought in hot cup of coffees for the two of them. Love had been noticing the blinking dot of Kayla's location which was still from two days now. Not wanting to ignore any early sign, she tried calling her. The call wasn't answered. Worried, Love strode towards the lab where Zee experimented with the guns.

"Kayla isn't answering her phone, an has been still for two days," Love said in the encrypted phrase.

"Check the case she was working on," Zee said without looking up.

"Right away," she said.

The files suggested that Kayla was working on the case of Zack Taylor, the business tycoon. He had been suspected to be involved in several murders a few of them being his competitors. While he FBI couldn't really prove his involvement, Zee's research showed the truth. Kayla was working on the case as Zack Taylor showed complete signs of envy.

The calls were made, but neither did her the manager of the motel she stayed at had seen her for a few day, nor did she pick up the call. Failing to calm herself down, Love dressed up in her usual black attire and packed her duffle bag. Taking the keys of her car, she checked the oils, and the air pressure in the tiers. She went back up to inform Zee about her departure.

"You can't...what if someone identifies you?" Zee said.

"It's been over a month now Zee, besides Kayla needs me," she said.

"Ask Hope to do it, or Delilah, Leah or even Abby," he said looking at Love hopelessly.

"All of them are already working on cases, and I can make it to Kai by midnight, what if we are late... Zee trust me, I can take care of myself," she said.

"Listen to me Love, if the FBI take you in, we might get into trouble...it's better to stay out of sight," he said.

"I will Zee," she said as she turned around to leave.

-----------------------------------------------

It had been long since Love drove for this long, and even when she wanted to stop the car to straighten her legs, she couldn't afford to do it. Kayla had been Love's constant support and now she needed Love. Even thought she wore the mask of confidence on her face, Love couldn't shrug off the fear of messing things up again. She knew if things got messy, it will be her sister who'd get in more serious trouble. But what had to be done, had to be done. So taking the gun and knife inside the back of her jacket and inside the ankle of her shoes, she walked inside the motel.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the middle aged receptionist asked.

"I called you about disappearance of my sister, Kayla," she said.

"Yes, you had to collect her stuff?" he asked.

"Yes, and Andrew...could you let me see the room she stayed in?" she asked.

"Of course...how'd you know my name?" he asked.

"Love looked at the desk away from his eyes, avoiding reading his eyes any further, and then looked back up, pointing at the name on the little bracelet of his hand.

"Oh...yes," he laughed noticing his wrist, then said, " I'll open the room."

Love nodded at him before collecting the things and placing it inside the car parked outside. There wasn't much, just her clothes and her laptop. Seeing the room, Love tried to ensure their wasn't any evidence of a break in or a fight inside, and to her surprise there weren't. So going to her car, she drove towards the big huge office building of Mr. Taylor.